British League

tommyw

All it takes is one Pedro style appointment and a few weak transfer windows and we'd risk a very tough season down there.  Yes things look good just now but football changes quickly over time.  It's not fear is just realism about the level of risk measured against the tradition/history/values of our club.   

Our entire ethos is built on winning every match and beating them, most of our fans would soon absolutely hate it and have meltdowns if that changed (which would be likely given how competitive it is).

Thankfully I can't see it ever happening.

4 minutes ago, Copeland1983 said:

All it takes is one Pedro style appointment and a few weak transfer windows and we'd risk a very tough season down there.  Yes things look good just now but football changes quickly over time.  It's not fear is just realism about the level of risk measured against the tradition/history/values of our club.   

Our entire ethos is built on winning every match and beating them, most of our fans would soon absolutely hate it and have meltdowns if that changed (which would be likely given how competitive it is).

Dalcio would have fared much better in the premiership down south than he did up here imo

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Only if we physically moved to England.

Odd question but many fans south of the border think that Scotland is in the dark ages and until petty rules like this are sorted out a British League can go to fuck. 

12 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Odd question but many fans south of the border think that Scotland is in the dark ages and until petty rules like this are sorted out a British League can go to fuck. 

Totally agree, I've been to games down south and never saw any more bother than I would up here. Letting fans have a beer shouldnt be the problem that the polis make it into

9 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

You think we’d be in a relegation battle?  I don’t think we would be. However the other questions are not answerable mate. 

It's not a question of whether i believe that or not, it was more a question as to what would happen?

13 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

It's equally daft in England that you can have a beer but not in sight of the pitch.

17 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Where would we go if we finished in the relegation places? Serious question.

If we stay in the league then there goes the more competitive line.

If we go down to we go back to the spfl? Do teams finishing first in spfl have the opportunity to gain access to the league via a play off arrangement?

It's a load of shite tbh

To answer your 1st question, if we were to accept being a part of a BPL then we would have to also accept that if we were to get relegated then we would have to accept going into the championship, it's one of the risks involved in moving, so that would also answer your 2nd question, the SPFL hate us enough as it is could you imagine the scenes if we applied to get back into the Scottish leagues, "aye nae bother, back down to the bottom you go then".

1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

To answer your 1st question, if we were to accept being a part of a BPL then we would have to also accept that if we were to get relegated then we would have to accept going into the championship, it's one of the risks involved in moving, so that would also answer your 2nd question, the SPFL hate us enough as it is could you imagine the scenes if we applied to get back into the Scottish leagues, "aye nae bother, back down to the bottom you go then".

Can't see championship teams voting for that. First we get parachuted in then if we fail we still get to jump the line a bit. 

Never happening.

18 hours ago, Copeland1983 said:

Although I'd love for it to happen, I can't see it either. 

This place is a taig infested backwater at all levels, where the game is driven by hatred and bigotry, mostly in our direction and big decisions taken to stymie us. 

Our ethos should always be about winning every match. Even the poorest of EPL teams can and do win on the day against the biggest and best. 

I would say meeting the scum in EPL would be an even bigger event than it already is, adding to the hysteria that already surrounds it. 

There are always risks no matter what league you play in. Just look what happened to us in this one! That's the level of hatred up here and it hasn't gone away. We are also commercially constrained being such a backwater with some shit commercial management from those that run the game and that stymies our development and ambition. 

I have little fear that we could hold our own in a British league and indeed be challenging year on year. 

However as I said, I doubt such a move will ever happen.