British League

tommyw

Seeing what the Premiership has become in recent years I wouldn't be interested at all. I'd rather our Club kept its identity than turn into a sanitised version of it, people say it would never happen but look how drastically supports have changed down south recently - look at how fierce derbys have turned into just another game.

It will never happen anyway but it has zero attraction for me these days as mad as that sounds.

2 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Bite your hand off for this and I’d honestly question any Rangers fan that would prefer us to stay in the little backwater is the SPL! 

We’d become exactly what we slag the ‘big’ teams for and let’s be honest, we’d struggle for top 4 never mind challenging for the league. 

I’d question anybody wanting that rather than wanting to stay in Scotland

If the source was more credible then I would take this clickbait more seriously.

I am just getting accustomed to the idea of us playing CL football once again on a regular basis. I would be against anything that puts that in jeopardy.

A British league only works for me if it's open to all 4 nations with a clearly defined pyramid structure allowing for relegation and promotion.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We’d become exactly what we slag the ‘big’ teams for and let’s be honest, we’d struggle for top 4 never mind challenging for the league. 

After 2 years of getting nowhere people would be crying out Saudis to buy us or something to reach the same level as the top teams. The most unappealing thing that could possibly happen.

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So we stay in Scotland try and beat celtic every year forever, rather small minded if you ask me. 

In another 20 years with the way finance is evolving we won’t even be a big club anymore. Finance dictates everything in terms of stature nowadays and we’ll never compete as a big European club continuing in Scotland in future. 

No reason why we couldn’t compete in time down there but you’re right it certainly wouldn’t be overnight. 

8 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

So we stay in Scotland try and beat celtic every year forever, rather small minded if you ask me. 

In another 20 years with the way finance is evolving we won’t even be a big club anymore. Finance dictates everything in terms of stature nowadays and we’ll never compete as a big European club continuing in Scotland in future. 

No reason why we couldn’t compete in time down there but you’re right it certainly wouldn’t be overnight. 

Precisely

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Yes they are. Never let them forget it.

Yes well this Sun "exclusive" sounds dodgy. So the big six were planning this while also planning to go off and play in the European super league?!

32 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Hahahahahaha.

Imagine that, 75 v 51. Things you'd love to see.

Small minded isn't winning the league you are in, and being able to lord it up against your near neighbors, friends/associates who support the other teams

Imagine the WILD reaction if we beat Fulham at their patch on a wet February night in a few years. Excitement = ero.

anyone saying they would not jump at a chance to join the premier league is talking shite.

every other week we highlight how this rancid country does nothing but stick the boot in at us. we are hated and despised.

i think it comes down to 2 decisions. your happy with what you got and accept Rangers wont progress further than their current level. or we go down south , and have a real mountain to climb to return to the top , but the benefits would be much more.

1 hour ago, theweebluenose said:

Seeing what the Premiership has become in recent years I wouldn't be interested at all. I'd rather our Club kept its identity than turn into a sanitised version of it, people say it would never happen but look how drastically supports have changed down south recently - look at how fierce derbys have turned into just another game.

It will never happen anyway but it has zero attraction for me these days as mad as that sounds.

Largely agree but sanitisation is coming to Rangers whether we are in Scotland, England, Atlantic League etc.

8 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

anyone saying they would not jump at a chance to join the premier league is talking shite.

every other week we highlight how this rancid country does nothing but stick the boot in at us. we are hated and despised.

i think it comes down to 2 decisions. your happy with what you got and accept Rangers wont progress further than their current level. or we go down south , and have a real mountain to climb to return to the top , but the benefits would be much more.

Don’t see Man United and Liverpool fans greeting about it and wanting to run away to another league do you?