Who goes in summer?

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

😂 Right. I'm the one embarrassing myself. Of course.

Fucking hell. 😂

Edit - If this is a fishing trip you got me. I hope it is!

Hes right but. If goram puts the bykick to a different side then we won't be talking about Laudrup the way we do today 

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Laudrup was a success for us and anyone who argues otherwise is deluded. A phrase that, until now, I have reserved for the fans of the dark side.

Are you accusing me of being one of them for having a different opinion of a footballer?

Just now, tm91 said:

He was injured at Bayern for much of his time there, but was popular, won the Euros with Denmark while with them, and got a move to Italy, the best league in the world at the time.

The first season at Fiorentina was a ridiculous one if you know what happened there. He didn't do well at AC or Chelsea, and that's down to his mentality, not his talent. He didn't enjoy Italian football or life in London and didn't have the drive to push himself, which held him back. He was still brilliant for Denmark.

If you want to argue he should have done far more with his career I'd agree with you, and say the same about Gazza as well. But his talent was undeniable. Again, Walter's words:

"Brian Laudrup is as good a player as I have ever worked with, but he frustrated me. He had the capability of being up there with the greatest players of all time. There was just that little bit in him mentally that stopped him from being right at the very top. Make no mistake, he was a fantastic player for us, but he could have elevated himself into a position where he was one of the best in the world."

'he was popular' what kind of argument is that Filip Sebo, The Dalcio, Salim Kerkar and Andy Firth are popular amongst our support how do you view them?

Having a strong mentality is part of the package. Look at someone like Mojo, his mentality was what made him the player he was. Not giving a fuck what the filth thought of him he came to us to score goals.

So you're saying Gazza is overrated fucking hell I have heard it all now I really have.#Walter is a legend and our greatest ever but he signed guys like Aaron Niguez and Billy Van Vossen so it's not as if he has a 100% track record on judging a player? He is wrong here.

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

I said if Laudrup is overrated, Gazza must be too. What's the distinction? Both had injury issues. Both excelled for their country. Both lacked the mentality to make the most of their talent and both should have had far greater careers. Both spent their best years in Scotland.

Neither were overrated, but if you say one is how is the other not?

Gascoigne carried to Tottenham to an FA Cup in the same way Maradona carried Napoli to Serie A. I think that clears up that point.

Gascoigne excelled in both Italy and England.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

It was a fucking mod as well :lol:

Simpson has started what one game and made a few cameo appearances. Yet many have him as a bomb scare. Makes no sense to me. As I have said before too many Bears are far too quick to make a judgement.

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Laudrup literally won a European Championship with Denmark. 

And Gazza didn't excel in Italy, not at all.

Both were great players, but their careers were very similar. Which is why I'm baffled by the distinction you're making between the two.

So you're saying Laudrup was the reason Denmark won the euros? :lol: 

He did so, You obviously never watched him, did you?

They were nothing alike, either as human beings, footballers or anything else.

4 minutes ago, tm91 said:

He was one of a number of reasons, but he didn't carry them like Gazza carried Spurs, no, so if you want that one I'll give you it.

No he fucking didn't. :lol: He was inconsistent, injured for a lot of it and struggled with his weight. I love Gazza but that was the case. I watched both of them. They were both brilliant players. Gazza was a touch better.

And you need to check your reading. I said nothing about their skills, or their personalities. I said their careers. They had very similar career trajectories.

Yes he fucking did. Lazio fans still talk about that performance at the San Siro to this day. Gazza wasn't fat :lol: that's bang out of order man.

Last paragraph, there's no need to get personal.

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

No, he didn't. He had great one off games because he's Gazza, but he wasn't consistent. And mate, he admits that himself in his book. Got badly out of shape and had to go on an extreme diet, then went on holiday and came back overweight again. Which goes back to the thing about mentality. 

I apologise if you took that personally, I never intended for that to be an insult. I meant it literally - you misread what I put.

I'm specky(but you already knew that) so I did take it personally and I won't carry on this debate after your attack.

Apology rejected.

Goodbye!

54 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Simpson has started what one game and made a few cameo appearances. Yet many have him as a bomb scare. Makes no sense to me. As I have said before too many Bears are far too quick to make a judgement.

I’m going to contradict myself here, is it too early to judge? Probably, but I’d be amazed if Simpson is anything better than bang average to shite.

Sometimes you can tell straight away someone isn’t up to standard when you look at their previous history. 24 and not even played 50 games for shite like Bournmouth is a strange as fuck signing.  Fleeting appearances so far hasn’t looked capable at all. 

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I’m going to contradict myself here, is it too early to judge? Probably, but I’d be amazed if Simpson is anything better than bang average to shite.

Sometimes you can tell straight away someone isn’t up to standard when you look at their previous history. 24 and not even played 50 games for shite like Bournmouth is a strange as fuck signing.  Fleeting appearances so far hasn’t looked capable at all. 

All I can say is that Gerrard and Wilson think that there is a player there. They get more right than wrong but Sunday is his day. A clean sheet coupled with a victory and many will have to rethink. If he gets run ragged (and scum will target him as the weak link) then we can write him off. But not before.

On 30/04/2021 at 01:43, stevemac said:

Baffling.

First of all, Agree on barker, hastie, Murphy, Jones, Stewart. To a degree defoe.

Hagi - is inconsistent but the talent is there for all to see. He's stepped up enough times for us to show his worth.

Helander - ridiculous post. He isn't the quickest CB for sure, but he is probably the best. Very intelligent and good at reading the game. Goldson has better distribution and a better goal threat but helander is the better defender.

Roofe - we knew of his injury history, however he is a very talented player. He's scores 14 goals for us this season, not a bad return in his debut season. 

Itten - struggling to get a game due to the ever present morelos, roofe and defoe. Has struggled to adjust to us definitely but far too early to write him off.

Edmundson - again, far too early. Bombed out on loan as he needed game time and the covid breach didn't help him. 

Bassey - nothing wrong with him, debut season he was always going to make mistakes. Benefits from being understudy to the fantastic borna Barasic.

The fact that you would be happy to see us punt roofe and hagi before the likes of Middleton is bordering on mental.

So according to you I've no right posting my opinion as I'm ridiculous and bordering on mental.  Sorry to disagree with you Mr Mourinho.

On 01/05/2021 at 09:38, Jackal said:

The stuff with roofe has baffled me, there’s no doubt his body is questionable injury wise but quality wise he’s on a different level to some of our players IMO. All in on him coming good. 

The boy 😎