Who goes in summer?

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

What I’m very concerned about is every article I see about someone wanting Kamara says we’re asking for 10 million for him :ang:

Apparently Arsenal want him as a cheap alternative to fucking Bissouma because Brighton want 40 million for him. I’m sorry but if any of the 2 of those is a 30/40 million player it’s Kamara 

Bissouma is top quality mate. 

The league is worth 30million next season. 

Champions league qualifying is huge this year if we can achieve it I wouldn't be selling any of our main assets unless it's for stupid money. 

Players like Hagi katic edmundson Jones can go 

I don't get why everyone would be willing to sell Hagi now.  FFS the guys top of the assist charts and has chipped in with a few goals aswell. 

He is a moments player i honestly don't know how people don't get that. 

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The league is worth 30million next season. 

Champions league qualifying is huge this year if we can achieve it I wouldn't be selling any of our main assets unless it's for stupid money. 

Players like Hagi katic edmundson Jones can go 

Getting the CL this year would almost be as big an achievement as winning the league. 

IF we manage it we wouldn't need to sell and if it meant getting a big head start in the league next season for a guaranteed group stage then it's dream land. 

It's going to be a huge challenge getting it this season 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Getting the CL this year would almost be as big an achievement as winning the league. 

IF we manage it we wouldn't need to sell and if it meant getting a big head start in the league next season for a guaranteed group stage then it's dream land. 

It's going to be a huge challenge getting it this season 

👍 Hopefully get some luck in the draws mate. Isn't it supposed to be easier to get in via the champions route. Looking at teams like Ferencvárosi from this season I'd hope we could get ourselves in there. 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People keep mentioning Borna but what figures are they thinking and would accept?

I appreciate the age factor but its really underappreciated what he brings to us, it will be a massive loss. 

Doig ain't bringing what Borna does atm and Puchacz a guy who has 2 assists domestically in Poland is not something that sticks out as the potential to offer what we need offensively from our LB.

Barisic offers a lot to us, but so do the other players who we are likely to be able to cash in on this Summer.

I don’t think it matters what player it this that ultimately goes, there is probably going to be a massive gap for us to try and fill to replace them, and I think whoever it is we are going to need a period of time to allow whoever replaces them to adapt, which is obviously shit, but it’s the unfortunate reality of the situation we are in.

If you had to sell one, who would you pick? Genuinely not looking to start an intense debate or discussion, just interested in who you would choose because I think it’s a near impossible decision and I’m interested in other people’s opinions on it.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Barisic offers a lot to us, but so do the other players who we are likely to be able to cash in on this Summer.

I don’t think it matters what player it this that ultimately goes, there is probably going to be a massive gap for us to try and fill to replace them, and I think whoever it is we are going to need a period of time to allow whoever replaces them to adapt, which is obviously shit, but it’s the unfortunate reality of the situation we are in.

If you had to sell one, who would you pick? Genuinely not looking to start an intense debate or discussion, just interested in who you would choose because I think it’s a near impossible decision and I’m interested in other people’s opinions on it.

IMO kamara as if his heart was here he would've signed on by now. Can't blame him for wanting a move and wouldn't resent him at all. Genuinely think morelos is here for at least next season now we have CL football, certainly until the January window. 

If Borna and Kamara have a good euros then I can see their value rising a good bit. I think we can live without/replace Borna and even though Id hate to lose him, Kamara could be replaced. I'd rather keep him obviously but anything over £15m would be worth looking at.

I don't mean this in a way to down talk our squad, after what they have done this season I am a fan of all of them, clearly, but there isn't one member of squad who shouldn't be replaceable with the right investment and coaching.

With any departure this summer, it's not Ronaldo leaving Man U when there was no where else to go, there is a hell of a big world of football players out there who could feasibly come in and improve our squad. 

I appreciate the nuance to this, but if we can't replace a LB we only really signed because we played his side in Europe and a player bought for 50k from Dundee we have serious issues, more so factoring in the healthy return we are likely to see on both. 

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Hagi, I like him and think he will go onto big things but I’m not convinced he suits our style of play and British football 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Theres going to be a gap to fill but I think if we got £15m(going low on values here) for Helander and Hagi those voids are not as big as losing Barisic, Kamara, Kent or Morelos.

I like both, but Hagi albeit he has loads of productivity drifts in and out of games but is very talented. 

Helander is a good defender but hes also overrated on here. When Balogun played ahead of him we kept many clean sheets and gave away limited chances. 

Say we got £20m for Hagi, Helander, Edmundson, Jones and Barker.

Wages also saved from Defoe, Stewart, Murphy, Hastie, Barjonas, Middleton and Zungu.

Decent summer for outgoings in my view and a good amount of money to bridge the financial gap. Thats a better scenario than losing one of the others IMO.

Disagree RE Helander, him and Goldson are almost irreplaceable currently for us. 

IIRC we’ve not lost a league game he’s played in, which is outrageous when he signed in summer 2019. Baloguns a great option and fantastic business on a free, but he’s backup for when Helander gets injured. 

If Jack can play 75%+ of games next year (big if) then maybe Kamara is replaceable for the right price. Would hate to see him leave but somebody will.

No way I sell Helander. We simply don't lose when he is on the park. (same with Jack)

Barisic is an interesting one. A good Euros and his value skyrockets. This one will play out all summer.

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Anyone that thinks Barisics wand of a left foot would be easy to replace is off their fucking rocker man.  Hopefully given his age Barisic and Tav finish their careers here. 

His assists and crosses are a vital piece of how we play. We see when Bassey comes in how poor we look down that side. 

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Anyone that thinks Barisics wand of a left foot would be easy to replace is off their fucking rocker man.  Hopefully given his age Barisic and Tav finish their careers here. 

Not one person has said he would be easy to replace, but the reality is we are going to sell somebody this Summer.

14 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

His assists and crosses are a vital piece of how we play. We see when Bassey comes in how poor we look down that side. 

Whether Barisic stays or goes I think we need a back up left back who fits our style of play more than Bassey does. He feels like a bit of a square peg in a round hole and doesn’t look that comfortable in the position.

48 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Whether Barisic stays or goes I think we need a back up left back who fits our style of play more than Bassey does. He feels like a bit of a square peg in a round hole and doesn’t look that comfortable in the position.

Doige must be in the thinking. 

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I don't mean this in a way to down talk our squad, after what they have done this season I am a fan of all of them, clearly, but there isn't one member of squad who shouldn't be replaceable with the right investment and coaching.

With any departure this summer, it's not Ronaldo leaving Man U when there was no where else to go, there is a hell of a big world of football players out there who could feasibly come in and improve our squad. 

I appreciate the nuance to this, but if we can't replace a LB we only really signed because we played his side in Europe and a player bought for 50k from Dundee we have serious issues, more so factoring in the healthy return we are likely to see on both. 

What a ridiculous comment

48 minutes ago, PM Boab said:

Hagi or Aribo would be the easiest to replace but would we get as much for either of them as we would for Barisic, Kamara, Kent or Morelos?

Highly unlikely unless we struck very lucky

Not currently anyway, both at least have some developing to do still before being at that level 

14 hours ago, GOAT said:

Creates the majority of the chances in the team. If we had a big target man he’d score 40 a season