Who goes in summer?

14 hours ago, GOAT said:

Anyone that thinks Barisics wand of a left foot would be easy to replace is off their fucking rocker man.  Hopefully given his age Barisic and Tav finish their careers here. 

Just reweight and change our style of play slightly to account for the strengths of the LB we do bring in surely?  

Barisic is great, been an excellent addition etc but we have lost better players than him and come out the other side of it stronger, wouldn't say we solely have to be hostage the skills he has. His assists and skills don't even have to be replaced by a LB either. 

Sell him for 7 million, sign a lesser LB for 1 million, or even just a slightly differently style of LB who can get in the box for instance and then spend 4 or 5 million on a midfielder who could bring 15 goals and 10 assists. That's often how football works

We never "replaced" what Hutton brought to us we just changed our style slightly, when we sold Cullear we didn't sign a player just like him, when we sold Boumsong we came out of it a stronger side across the park etc and so on. 

Barisic utterly shouldn't be ending his career here if we could get 8/10 million for him this summer, we showed by signing him we are capable of finding players who can improve, get better - we shouldn't hold a fear of doing the same thing again. 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Just reweight and change our style of play slightly to account for the strengths of the LB we do bring in surely?  

Barisic is great, been an excellent addition etc but we have lost better players than him and come out the other side of it stronger, wouldn't say we solely have to be hostage the skills he has. His assists and skills don't even have to be replaced by a LB, 

Sell him for 7 million, sign a lesser LB for 1 million for instance and then spend 4 or 5 million on a midfielder who could bring 15 goals and 10 assists..that's often how football works. 

Thankfully you’re not in charge. £7m 😂

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

Who knows what we will get TBH, at this moment in time there is a hell of a lot of guess work going on around re potential transfers, highly doubt the market will be where it was before Covid. 

We’re doing something seriously wrong if we’re accepting £7m for Croatia’s left back, especially when he rips the Euros up for arse paper in the summer

Just now, Prso's headband said:

We’re doing something seriously wrong if we’re accepting £7m for Croatia’s left back, especially when he rips the Euros up for arse paper in the summer

The transfer market has for the most part been driven by EPL money, the league has just had a collective loss of 500 million, I wouldn't be expecting fees we saw before Covid. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The transfer market has for the most part been driven by EPL money, the league has just had a collective loss of 500 million, I wouldn't be expecting fees we saw before Covid. 

Not that they’re exactly comparable, but celtic sold a full back for £25m who hadn’t played in about 3 months and another for £10m who could neither attack nor defend. I’ll be raging if we take £7m for Borna. 

14 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Threads like these are pointless.

We can’t predict what players we are going to receive bids for and if they meet our valuation or not.

I don't think you have grasped the concept of a discussion board ya filthy pervert.

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Barisic is great, been an excellent addition etc but we have lost better players than him and come out the other side of it stronger, wouldn't say we solely have to be hostage the skills he has. His assists and skills don't even have to be replaced by a LB either. 

Sell him for 7 million, sign a lesser LB for 1 million, or even just a slightly differently style of LB who can get in the box for instance and then spend 4 or 5 million on a midfielder who could bring 15 goals and 10 assists. That's often how football works

We never "replaced" what Hutton brought to us we just changed our style slightly, when we sold Cullear we didn't sign a player just like him, when we sold Boumsong we came out of it a stronger side across the park etc and so on. 

Barisic utterly shouldn't be ending his career here if we could get 8/10 million for him this summer, we showed by signing him we are capable of finding players who can improve, get better - we shouldn't hold a fear of doing the same thing again. 

😂😂😂😂😂

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not that they’re exactly comparable, but celtic sold a full back for £25m who hadn’t played in about 3 months and another for £10m who could neither attack nor defend. I’ll be raging if we take £7m for Borna. 

The mention of 7 million was for example sake, I don't think we will get anywhere close to 25 million for him though, BBC were reporting an expected drop in fees of 20-30% across the board, and plenty more other credible sources than the last few posts (:stevieg:) are expecting the same, evidenced by January. 

The sport has projected losses of about 7.5 billion pounds, I think it's bit daft talking about transfers from before Covid, I appreciate Frimpong was not that but there is enough out there being reported to suggest the market will change, it is just common sense to think that will happen.

8 minutes ago, PM Boab said:

There's interest in Jack Stephens at Southampton but you'd assume that would be if someone made a bid for Goldson we couldn't turn down? He's a good player tbf *

I’d grudgingly accept a swap deal for Jack Simpson if need be.

On 05/05/2021 at 13:15, fin8577 said:

I don't get why everyone would be willing to sell Hagi now.  FFS the guys top of the assist charts and has chipped in with a few goals aswell. 

He is a moments player i honestly don't know how people don't get that. 

I  like the lad but he is the most expendable of the first team players and the amount already being reported as offered means it would be good business considering what we paid last year.

Both Edmondson and Jones have had decent loans spells and could bring in some cash but on its own it won't be enough. 

8 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Genuinely stopped reading after you said sell him for £7m

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Not a player to go but now he's been relagated I'd see if windass would be interested in a return. For all his faults the boy scores goals. 

17 goals in his last season with us if I remember right 

Fuck off Kirk.