Who goes in summer?

17 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Kamara is probably a stick-on if he doesn’t sign a new deal, probably 50/50 if he does. 

Barisic, Tav and Goldson I believe will stay and be part of building something. 

It’s good to think Morelos will stay, but if £20m comes in and he’s offered CL football and a chance to double his cash he might well be off. I suppose the massive deals for players like Morelos and Kent will hinge on CL group stage football, we’ll be in an extremely strong position then

I was happy Alfredo stayed for 55 but I’d take the money now .He is still capable of going into a mood .And last weeks cup game performance was still not good enough for me ,for our main striker  .He can be brilliant but very often uninterested .I think if we got 20 million offers .I would be taking them .Kent is probably in the same boat but I would be more disappointed if he left 

13 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Hang on to Barisic, Kent & Morelos if possible and that's already a good window. Those 3 along with Davis/McGregor are irreplaceable 

Obviously rather nobody left but being realistic, I think we could find a replacement for players like Aribo, Hagi, Helander, Kamara either within the squad or via the market

Every player is replaceable and should be IMO .We have proved we can  buy decent players for reasonably low fees .And the menu needs changing a little bit .Especially in our attacking areas .That is football .It would be a major mistake to keep relying on the same players every season .Stability is fine but progression is what will win us trophies and more titles 

20 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

What are people wanting to get rid of Bassey? Young, looked decent when he’s had a chance, seems a pretty solid understudy to Barisic?

Tide seemed to turn against him after the St Mirren defeat.

16 hours ago, bluenoz said:

And as for James Tavernier - a great athlete, a 6/10 football player. He has went from shite, never a captain to Maldini in most people's eyes. I know my opinion isn't popular on him but I would sell.

:confused: Wit?

He is probably one of the best all round players we have, he is a quality "football player", would have no issues in an injury crisis with him filling in in midfield or even in a worst case scenario forward TBH. 

36 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I was happy Alfredo stayed for 55 but I’d take the money now .He is still capable of going into a mood .And last weeks cup game performance was still not good enough for me ,for our main striker  .He can be brilliant but very often uninterested .I think if we got 20 million offers .I would be taking them .Kent is probably in the same boat but I would be more disappointed if he left 

Nope

I am not on board the Kevin Nisbet train at all, I am sure some will point to Boyd as an example of a player who can be signed and get goals for us but there are numerous examples of pretty pish players finding 10-15 goals in the SPL, it doesn't mean we should look to sign them, should be looking at far, far better options than him, even for the time be better just keeping Itten TBH. 

Ross Wilson has basically said we need to take advantage of player value, sell high to reinvest in the squad. I see at least 1 maybe 2 of our assets going for good money. Kamara and Morelos are the obvious ones. If we get 30m for those 2 and reinvest a decent chunk then that would be great business. They will be missed but there will be more great finds out there.

29 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s just ok I think. Miles off Barisic. 

Aye, I don't think he's anywhere near Borna. But think he's fine as a back up. I suppose the problem would be if we lost Borna for any length of time to injury, but seemed like the majority opinion was relatively positive until the St Mirren cup game - and he's barely kicked a ball since.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Every player is replaceable and should be IMO .We have proved we can  buy decent players for reasonably low fees .And the menu needs changing a little bit .Especially in our attacking areas .That is football .It would be a major mistake to keep relying on the same players every season .Stability is fine but progression is what will win us trophies and more titles 

Took us a long time to find a decent left back & they're usually hard to find so I'd hang on to Borna if possible

As for attack, dont want to replace Kent but if he does go for good money then i think Wright can do a job, still to be seen whether he can do it every week

Morelos we cant replace, we brought in Itten/Roofe to try & I'd say it hasnt worked. If Morelos had went last summer we'd have found this season a lot tougher

I do think we could do with a shakeup in midfield though, replacements for Arfield/Jack/Zungu

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Took us a long time to find a decent left back & they're usually hard to find so I'd hang on to Borna if possible

As for attack, dont want to replace Kent but if he does go for good money then i think Wright can do a job, still to be seen whether he can do it every week

Morelos we cant replace, we brought in Itten/Roofe to try & I'd say it hasnt worked. If Morelos had went last summer we'd have found this season a lot tougher

I do think we could do with a shakeup in midfield though, replacements for Arfield/Jack/Zungu

It took 2 seasons and more for us to warm to Alfredo , well it did for me. 

So i think it's safe to say , Roofe and Itten could easily change peoples minds . Although I would still be looking to recruit , even if Alfredo and these guys stay 

17 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Gerrard signed Borna his first transfer window, it took previous managers a while to find a good LB, because they were pretty shit managers to be fair. 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

It took 2 seasons and more for us to warm to Alfredo , well it did for me. 

So i think it's safe to say , Roofe and Itten could easily change peoples minds . Although I would still be looking to recruit , even if Alfredo and these guys stay 

Roofe i'm personally alright with as a backup, we spent a fair chunk on him but he's repaid some of it already & is always a pain to play against, don't think he could be our main striker though but I think he will grow into the team

Itten i'd be more than happy to sell in the summer and recoup some of the money if possible, don't see it with him at all 

Even if Defoe goes, we'd still have Itten, Roofe & Morelos, I don't think we could feasibly recruit somebody quality without 1 of them moving on tbh

25 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Played one bad game in the cup so he must be shite.

I think what we should be striving for is proper competition. I don’t think Borna has been as good as he can be recently, and while Bassey is an alright back up he’s never taking the jersey off him. Borna is too comfortable IMO. If we can get quality in that pushes Borna on I’d be game for it. 

8 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

The players I'd hope would definitely go are:  Bassey, Hastie, Jones, Middleton, Barker, Stewart, Firth, Edmundson, Zungu.

Of our more expensive players I would not be too bothered if we sold Helander as I think that he is far too slow.  I would rather we found a younger player who is faster and good in the air.  Hopefully our own Katic would fill that bill.

I would take any decent bid for Hagi as he's far too inconsistent.   He has plenty talent but for a young guy, he lacks pace and stamina and is easily brushed aside.

I'd not be upset if we sold Itten.  I think he is a decent player but just doesn't fit in with our style of play and I'm surprised we signed him due to that point.

Jack Simpson has been unimpressive so far and as things stand I'd get shot of him but that isn't going to happen as he signed a 4.5 year deal.  I just hope he needs time to settle in.

I'd want to keep Kamara as we still have 2 years left on his contract at the end of this season.  The rest of the squad I'd keep.

Come on, I expected better from you JCD. 

Bassey - been a more than decent signing considering he is in his debut professional season, he had only played youth football up til last year. 1 or 2 shite performances (St Mirren especially, however everyone was shite that night)

Helander - as folk have stated, we haven't lost domestically with him at the back. this nonsense about being too slow, if you are a good enough defender, you don't need pace. He reads the game exceptionally well 90% of the time. Has built a foundation at the back with Goldson and although injuries haven't helped him, he is far too good to just punt. Every player has their price but he is one of the last players I'd be looking to sell.

Hagi - inconsistent yes, but brings us something no other player we have can. Confidence player IMO, we haven't seen the best from him and again, be mad letting him go when he hasn't fully developed, for his sake, and ours, for performances and for finances.

Simpson - Prior to St J, he had played a grand total of 23 minutes for us, how on earth could you judge to get shot of him after literally 1 game!? Of course he won't have had the opportunity to get a run of games, due to the form of Helander (who you want to sell) and Goldson...

2 hours ago, WilliamMunny said:

Ross Wilson has basically said we need to take advantage of player value, sell high to reinvest in the squad. I see at least 1 maybe 2 of our assets going for good money. Kamara and Morelos are the obvious ones. If we get 30m for those 2 and reinvest a decent chunk then that would be great business. They will be missed but there will be more great finds out there.

If we only got £30m for Kamara and Morelos then our director of football isn’t doing as good a job as he should IMO. Both £20m players. 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think what we should be striving for is proper competition. I don’t think Borna has been as good as he can be recently, and while Bassey is an alright back up he’s never taking the jersey off him. Borna is too comfortable IMO. If we can get quality in that pushes Borna on I’d be game for it. 

100% bassey is definitely in the understudy category rather than direct competition, he’s miles away from Barisic, I think with Borna pushing 30 if we could get big money for him in the summer and get a direct replacement with less miles on the clock bassey could stay and develop more with us.

It all depends on who’s interested in who and what money gets put on the table, I’m quite looking forward to this window now we have assets in the squad with winners medals to their name.