Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, stewaj3 said:

Ianis Hagi is fast becoming our Ntcham in that there seems to be this fee of 10 million plus touted yet he's doing very little on the park...

Maybe a wee bit harsh on Hagi because he's not been quite that bad...

But I do struggle to think who's watching him and thinking he's worth that... I suppose if you caught him on a good day... You'd think he's worth it...

His name, his ability to do great things I actually believe it but we should bite their hands off.

real boydie9 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye ok Greg

Ffs

Zungu going back to Amiens, thank fuck.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's the big bit for me. "We need buyers".

Roofe. Who will pay money for a guy with a poor.imjury record and a average at best scoring record nearing 30 years old.

Hagi. No scout watching him this season would have seen an impressive 90 minutes from him. Disappears and gets pass marks sometimes based on moments in games.

We need to accept we have to sell one of the ones we want to keep this year such as Alfie or Kamara.

Who would pay money for Roofe...us less than 12 months ago

Seems to still have a lot in the bag down in England from his Leeds days, don't think we'd have an issue breaking even on him

Hagi is one we'll probably cut our losses on and he'll likely do well at some European club, he's never going to be a top level player though

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Who would pay money for Roofe...us less than 12 months ago

Seems to still have a lot in the bag down in England from his Leeds days, don't think we'd have an issue breaking even on him

Hagi is one we'll probably cut our losses on and he'll likely do well at some European club, he's never going to be a top level player though

See what I said about Roofe. Poor injury record and average at best goals record. Nearly 30. You paying decent money for him?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Helander is one of our best players. We haven’t lost with him in the team this season apart from today and he wasn’t on the park when they scored. 

Let’s get Lewis Ferguson and Ryan Gauld in plus a big battering ram/tank up front that can bring others into play.

We have been awful since all the celebrating was done. The worst result was the Slavia one at home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Blues said:

Helander is one of our best players. We haven’t lost with him in the team this season apart from today.

Let’s get Lewis Ferguson and Ryan Gauld in plus a big battering ram/tank up front that can bring others into play.

We have been awful since all the celebrating was done. The worst result was the Slavia one at home. 

long before that 

real boydie9 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

See what I said about Roofe. Poor injury record and average at best goals record. Nearly 30. You paying decent money for him?

Didn't want to sign him at the time due to his injury record, was just saying that clearly we felt it was a decent risk to take & other clubs will likely think similar. 

You'll be able sell Roofe to some Championship club for 3/4 million easily 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate he's not long here but can we get Simpson to fuck - we've conceded goals whenever he's played and he's an absolute fucking bombscare

Beyond that, I'm too angry with everyone (or indeed anyone) to contribute to any rational discussion on the squad - not one of them on the park today did themselves any favours, and to end the season, because that's it done now, like that, has me absolutely raging

GA1972 and MarcusDa Beasley like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Appreciate he's not long here but can we get Simpson to fuck - we've conceded goals whenever he's played and he's an absolute fucking bombscare

Beyond that, I'm too angry with everyone (or indeed anyone) to contribute to any rational discussion on the squad - not one of them on the park today did themselves any favours, and to end the season, because that's it done now, like that, has me absolutely raging

I'm no holding much hope for him but hard to judge him too much just now. Think he was brought in as back up really on a low cost-lost risk deal. Maybe with a pre season he can do something but not adverse to losing him.

BlueAvenger likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

Appreciate he's not long here but can we get Simpson to fuck - we've conceded goals whenever he's played and he's an absolute fucking bombscare

Beyond that, I'm too angry with everyone (or indeed anyone) to contribute to any rational discussion on the squad - not one of them on the park today did themselves any favours, and to end the season, because that's it done now, like that, has me absolutely raging

Let it out mate. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to get the scattergun out and say they all need to go, but over the course of the season I can see there are players who just won't cut it next season. For me we need a few who are more vocal, prepared to do a bit of the dirty work to see out games like that. 

Obviously Stewart is out of contract so will leave. I don't think Itten has it for us. Granted, he hasn't started many games but the ones he has started he has been poor. I like Arfield, but his consistency and absence through injury is taking its toll. If we get a half Decent offer i would sell. Aribo is very much a luxury player, as is Hagi, but both have decent potential and are fledgling internationals so I would keep them both as their values will increase over time. Barker, Jones and Edmunson I would sell. We may not get massive fees but they add nothing to the squad. I would rather bring a couple of youth players through to pad out the outskirts of the squad. 

Roofe has been poor recently but there is a player in there. If we can get a good pre-season from him and keep him injury free then he can be good for us next season. 

If Borna has a good euros then I would accept a good offer for him. I think I'm terms of our saleable assets, he is the one who I would be ok selling. Good player but probably at his peak transfer value in terms of age etc. I wouldn't sell Morelos yet. He adds so much to the team even when he isn't playing well. If we can get another player with his heart and spirit we will do well. 

I would sell Jack as well. Unfortunately injuries mean he misses large parts of the season, although he is exactly the type of player we need in the centre of the park. We have too many "nice" players in there, which is fine but they need to be protected in order to be creative. I don't really like Lewis Ferguson as a player but he may be that type of player we need in the middle to break up play and do the unglamerous part of the job. And maybe that's the issue, that we have too many players who don't want to do that part of the job. We need more attitudes like McGregor, Kent and Morelos. Those three are untouchable for me. I love Kamara as well and would only sell if we get a really fantastic offer for him. 

 

teddybear1975 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm not going to get the scattergun out and say they all need to go, but over the course of the season I can see there are players who just won't cut it next season. For me we need a few who are more vocal, prepared to do a bit of the dirty work to see out games like that. 

Obviously Stewart is out of contract so will leave. I don't think Itten has it for us. Granted, he hasn't started many games but the ones he has started he has been poor. I like Arfield, but his consistency and absence through injury is taking its toll. If we get a half Decent offer i would sell. Aribo is very much a luxury player, as is Hagi, but both have decent potential and are fledgling internationals so I would keep them both as their values will increase over time. Barker, Jones and Edmunson I would sell. We may not get massive fees but they add nothing to the squad. I would rather bring a couple of youth players through to pad out the outskirts of the squad. 

Roofe has been poor recently but there is a player in there. If we can get a good pre-season from him and keep him injury free then he can be good for us next season. 

If Borna has a good euros then I would accept a good offer for him. I think I'm terms of our saleable assets, he is the one who I would be ok selling. Good player but probably at his peak transfer value in terms of age etc. I wouldn't sell Morelos yet. He adds so much to the team even when he isn't playing well. If we can get another player with his heart and spirit we will do well. 

I would sell Jack as well. Unfortunately injuries mean he misses large parts of the season, although he is exactly the type of player we need in the centre of the park. We have too many "nice" players in there, which is fine but they need to be protected in order to be creative. I don't really like Lewis Ferguson as a player but he may be that type of player we need in the middle to break up play and do the unglamerous part of the job. And maybe that's the issue, that we have too many players who don't want to do that part of the job. We need more attitudes like McGregor, Kent and Morelos. Those three are untouchable for me. I love Kamara as well and would only sell if we get a really fantastic offer for him. 

 

Agree with most of this. Jack wont be sold though imo. If they have indeed got to the bottom of his injury problem he will still be a good option for us next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, teddybear1975 said:

Agree with most of this. Jack wont be sold though imo. If they have indeed got to the bottom of his injury problem he will still be a good option for us next season.

I really hope that is the case, as he is that more aggressive player that we need. We just need more of him. 

teddybear1975 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get anything above £10million with a small sell on clause, Hagi can go. 
 

I actually think Kamara we could afford to lose if needed, he’s fantastic on the ball in close situations but his range of passing and shooting isn’t anywhere near the same level. We’d be a better side having someone who can score 10 goals a season and plays the odd risky pass like a Lundstram 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

If we get anything above £10million with a small sell on clause, Hagi can go. 
 

I actually think Kamara we could afford to lose if needed, he’s fantastic on the ball in close situations but his range of passing and shooting isn’t anywhere near the same level. We’d be a better side having someone who can score 10 goals a season and plays the odd risky pass like a Lundstram 

If anyone offers £10m for Hagi,  then we shouldn't turn it down. Undoubtedly talented but far too inconsistent, especially in the bread and butter rough and tumble domestic games 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

If we get anything above £10million with a small sell on clause, Hagi can go. 
 

I actually think Kamara we could afford to lose if needed, he’s fantastic on the ball in close situations but his range of passing and shooting isn’t anywhere near the same level. We’d be a better side having someone who can score 10 goals a season and plays the odd risky pass like a Lundstram 

You’ll realise how mental that is when he goes and we can’t keep hold of the ball against decent opposition 

falkirkNS, BookWorm, SPWF and 1 other like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember Arteta and Gattuso ?

We sold Arteta for £6,000,000.

We sold Gattuso for £4,000,000.

Decent money by Scottish standards then for two workmanlike players in the Scottish league who often flattered to deceive. .

 

One went on to captain Arsenal, the other went on to win a World Cup.

I'd sell Hagi at £18 million with a 50% sell on clause, he really has the potential ability to be a big team player. 

(And yes, I think Kamara is far better)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Remember Arteta and Gattuso ?

We sold Arteta for £6,000,000.

We sold Gattuso for £4,000,000.

Decent money by Scottish standards then for two workmanlike players in the Scottish league who often flattered to deceive. .

 

One went on to captain Arsenal, the other went on to win a World Cup.

I'd sell Hagi at £18 million with a 50% sell on clause, he really has the potential ability to be a big team player. 

(And yes, I think Kamara is far better)

Must be thinking of a different Arteta. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Remember Arteta and Gattuso ?

We sold Arteta for £6,000,000.

We sold Gattuso for £4,000,000.

Decent money by Scottish standards then for two workmanlike players in the Scottish league who often flattered to deceive. .

 

One went on to captain Arsenal, the other went on to win a World Cup.

I'd sell Hagi at £18 million with a 50% sell on clause, he really has the potential ability to be a big team player. 

(And yes, I think Kamara is far better)

Fake News 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found

×
×
  • Create New...