Goldson renewal until 2024

stevemac

10 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Although I'm delighted to have secured the big man's services for the forseeable future that's several now rumoured to be on near EPL wages. If true it raises concerns for the total wage bill

We haven’t secured his services 

He is potentially six games a way from playing every minute of every game. That is some feat. Probably the most important extension of them all.

Also, no one has showed a desire to leave. Everyone wants to play for Gerrard and his staff. Even Morelos wants to stay now.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He is potentially six games a way from playing every minute of every game. That is some feat. Probably the most important extension of them all.

Also, no one has showed a desire to leave. Everyone wants to play for Gerrard and his staff. Even Morelos wants to stay now.

Building something special here.

3 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Although I'm delighted to have secured the big man's services for the forseeable future that's several now rumoured to be on near EPL wages. If true it raises concerns for the total wage bill

It not what I want or what most people want to hear but maybe we should be selling a few of our top players while their value is high?

Goldson could be replaced by Balagon, and Tav by Patterson and if we can get 25 million plus for the pair we'd be able to reinvest in upcoming talent.

1 minute ago, five stars said:

It not what I want or what most people want to hear but maybe we should be selling a few of our top players while their value is high?

Goldson could be replaced by Balagon, and Tav by Patterson and if we can get 25 million plus for the pair we'd be able to reinvest in upcoming talent.

Could  be argued though that their value might be even greater if we have a decent champions league run though.

So many variables it's hard to chart what may be the best course for us. 

14 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Could  be argued though that their value might be even greater if we have a decent champions league run though.

So many variables it's hard to chart what may be the best course for us. 

It's definitely difficult, I suppose there's no need to make a decision unless a fantastic offer comes in. 

Realistically, sometimes selling your best players at their peak value and reinvesting is essential for our business model, although it'll be hard to stomach when it happens.

22 minutes ago, five stars said:

Balagon not as good as Goldson and your not getting him fit for every match, Patterson is not yet at the level of Tav, we would be weakening our starting 11 by selling our two most consistent performers. Basically ripping the backbone out the team. Not for me 

29 minutes ago, five stars said:

No 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Balagon not as good as Goldson and your not getting him fit for every match, Patterson is not yet at the level of Tav, we would be weakening our starting 11 by selling our two most consistent performers. Basically ripping the backbone out the team. Not for me 

Yip, I agree. But we should consider it if we get good offers.

Although Balagon will be better playing on the right side I doubt he'd stay injury free. But it would give more opportunities for Katic etc to get game time and develop.

Pattersons not at Tavs level but needs to keep playing regularly at this level to develop too.

Plus x amount of cash in the bank, it would be a tough call.