Goldson renewal until 2024

stevemac

I have no doubt Goldson will extend his contract. The media know Goldson is in talks. I think they are just guessing he will extend his contract today.

Rangers will announce it within minutes. I don't trust clickbait attention seeking media outlets.

Time will tell.....

3 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Likely to be true mate. He has earned a top wage after this season. I think Morelos is 30 or 35k a week - top earner.

Wow, thats big money for us right now. Dont get me wrong i rate the big man and hes a contender for player of the year, but thats still a lot of bread.

If we qualify for the champs league group stages then less of a worry, but if not we might have to punt a player or two.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Wow, thats big money for us right now. Dont get me wrong i rate the big man and hes a contender for player of the year, but thats still a lot of bread.

If we qualify for the champs league group stages then less of a worry, but if not we might have to punt a player or two.

I think he will stay for another season then be sold on. If he has 3 years on his deal then it's good business.

12 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

I think he will stay for another season then be sold on. If he has 3 years on his deal then it's good business.

Yeah, perhaps a bit of protecting our assets and the big man fancying a crack at the Champions League. Same applies to your namesake👍

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I have no doubt Goldson will extend his contract. The media know Goldson is in talks. I think they are just guessing he will extend his contract today.

Rangers will announce it within minutes. I don't trust clickbait attention seeking media outlets.

No way to speak about The Dude, mate.

29 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

No way to speak about The Dude, mate.

Have better things to post about mate.

Will be interesting to see when Rangers actually confirm any conract extension though. 

Cunts on the internet claiming a deal is done before Goldson has got out of bed.:craphead:

I predict it will be sunny tommorrow. Super duper spring exclusive! You heard it here first.

:stevieg:

21 hours ago, five stars said:

It not what I want or what most people want to hear but maybe we should be selling a few of our top players while their value is high?

Goldson could be replaced by Balagon, and Tav by Patterson and if we can get 25 million plus for the pair we'd be able to reinvest in upcoming talent.

There is some amount of shite spouted on here (plenty by me too) but that takes the biscuit

18 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Have better things to post about mate.

Will be interesting to see when Rangers actually confirm any conract extension though. 

Cunts on the internet claiming a deal is done before Goldson has got out of bed.:craphead:

I predict it will be sunny tommorrow. Super duper spring exclusive! You heard it here first.

:stevieg:

Great shout btw 

On 23/04/2021 at 19:57, five stars said:

It not what I want or what most people want to hear but maybe we should be selling a few of our top players while their value is high?

Goldson could be replaced by Balagon, and Tav by Patterson and if we can get 25 million plus for the pair we'd be able to reinvest in upcoming talent.

😂😂 £25 million+????? 

Tav is 30 this year and Goldson is 28, no matter how good these 2 players have been for us this season there's no chance we're getting anywhere near that for they 2.

Balogun has been a good stand in this season but he's certainly not the answer to replacing Goldson if we did sell. 

29 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

😂😂 £25 million+????? 

Tav is 30 this year and Goldson is 28, no matter how good these 2 players have been for us this season there's no chance we're getting anywhere near that for they 2.

Balogun has been a good stand in this season but he's certainly not the answer to replacing Goldson if we did sell. 

I'll ask it. Why aren't they worth that? Arguably at their peak, in unbelievable form, league champions, European pedigree.

42 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

😂😂 £25 million+????? 

Don’t know what a title winning ever present solid defender is worth but here’s what you get for £80m.

10 hours ago, chris182 said:

I'll ask it. Why aren't they worth that? Arguably at their peak, in unbelievable form, league champions, European pedigree.

Tavernier is 30yrs old and nobody is going to offer £10 million+ for someone who is entering the final stages of his career(I think he'll finish his career with us) and plays in Scotland. Goldson has been solid and has European experience but he's also shown his limitations in Europe as well. Again at 28 I doubt we'd get more than £10 million for him, maybe that would be the most we'd get but if we were to get bids for them both I'd imagine it would accumulate to no more than £15 million. We all have our opinions of how much players are worth or what we think they are worth but in the current climate teams are going to be more stringent with their money. 

12 hours ago, chris182 said:

Goldson's at his peak, worth 15m plus, Tavs a fit guy still got 4/5 years left so don't think 10 million is unrealistic for the English game.

On 25/04/2021 at 19:00, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Tavernier is 30yrs old and nobody is going to offer £10 million+ for someone who is entering the final stages of his career(I think he'll finish his career with us) and plays in Scotland. Goldson has been solid and has European experience but he's also shown his limitations in Europe as well. Again at 28 I doubt we'd get more than £10 million for him, maybe that would be the most we'd get but if we were to get bids for them both I'd imagine it would accumulate to no more than £15 million. We all have our opinions of how much players are worth or what we think they are worth but in the current climate teams are going to be more stringent with their money. 

Tavernier and Goldson will probably fulfil their careers with us as two of the most valiant, valuable, virtuoso and venerable players ever to play for Rangers, true football legends. 

That in itself is more than an achievement than fucking off to a Burnley or Newcastle  for the cash. And one with due respect to them I am sure they will respect and cherish, (and deserve to be rewarded as such by the club regarding contracts).