***** The Official Champions v St Johnstone Match Thread *****

My worry is these players dine off this title now. This league should be the start but if we carry this onto next season and it'll be a one off. 

The midfield needs more. We need a guy in the middle that can chip in with 8-10 goals. 

Players should be playing with so much belief and confidence that they'd feel untouchable. Instead they feel untouchable but are playing shite. 

Missed a good few chances and I think having Aribo further back definitely hindered us. Hagi was anonymous. Roofe a shadow of the player he was pre-injury.

Still no cup final under Gerrard is pretty bad, main prize has been won yes but this is a huge failure make no mistake. 

Remaining unbeaten in the leage is the only thing left for this season now.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

See if we want to stay the most Sucessfull club in the world we need to win cups and those cunts are single figures behind us now. 

We can't be doing this every year, losing to absolute pish. 

It's a total embarrassment. 

2009 was last time we won the SC 

That should not be acceptable to a club like Rangers .

1 minute ago, berkshirebear said:

This season could have been spectacular, Slavia were more than beatable, and then who knows how far we could have gone in Europe. It seems to me like the players have taken everything way too lightly since we won the league.

Was surprised at the footage of Gerrard sliding along the floor, not sure Walter Smith would have been doing that... 

Walter Smith didn't have to approach Rangers with anything like the difficulties Gerrard has, silly comparison imo. 

Just now, Ivybank said:

I would sell hagi in a heartbeat, offers nothing and never lasts a full game ,why start him

Guessing it was some hopeful attempt at trying to make up for having only two fit/eligible 'proper' midfielders left.

Didn't look like he knew where he was supposed to be.

Stark reminder for SG after Wed’s game that all focus was on the weekend, seemingly very determined. Pity he never let the team know, fucking out with a whimper, cements that some of that first team are too big a pussy for this country.  Middle to front nowhere near good enough long term, 55 won and that tainted 10 ended but miles off where we need to be.

Raging at that half hearted shite we’re being served up week in week out. Well done to St. J, they got what they deserved but we should have way to much for them. 

I just get the vibe and feeling that at top clubs like ours, the modern players are very meh about domestic cup competitions. I don't know how everyone else feels about that????

I remember years ago on the continent it being that way, and a little bit like that down south.

I had a,bad feeling about tonight, don't know why, just did.  

4 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Gerrard out.

Jokes aside we’ve shat the cups big time but if somebody said you can have 55 and fuck all else at the start of the season you’d have ripped their arm off, it’s gutting but now we know we are not as good some seem to think, there’s room for improvement and hopefully the staff deliver come the start of next season.

Again wrong mentality to have. This is Rangers we should be looking to win every competition we are involved in especially in scotland. 

Gerrard and the team absolutely shat it again tonight. I mentioned earlier in this thread we are sorely missing winners in this team/squad and i stand by that. Too many of this current team are happy to coast games and they need to either shape up or ship out.

I put hagi and aribo both at the top of that list. 

On their day they are unplayable but its not much use if thats 2 in every ten games. 

9 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Still not lost a domestic game in 90 mins this season, and didn't even make a semi final, says it all really, the softness we have shown in injury time has been brutal, why can't the fuck we see a game out properly. 

St Mirren beat us in 90 mate