***** The Official Champions v St Johnstone Match Thread *****

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

Lucky Gerrard won the league as he'd be punted out the door come the end of the season if he hadnt. Losing in the cup to the diddy saint teams when the taigs were already out? Beyond embarrassing 

Nothing lucky about it, stop talking shite.

A gutless performance it's embarrassing just how bad they were tonight failure again to find a way to break these tactics down Gerrard's got it wrong again when it comes to this type of brick wall.

We barely got beyond their players the continual side passing allows them to regroup having already passed one or two there's no infield or through pass it's fucking pathetic our players can't run off the ball by making a run inside to keep possession.

Absolute shite from start to finish in a game that mattered.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I know we fucked it but Roofe did learn his lesson. He took the ball into the corner and was fouled clear as fucking day!!

Pity he didn’t get a broken leg, as he then couldn’t make a cunt of himself running up to take a penalty like a pussy. 

As soon as I saw their keeper going up for that corner- I thought the cunt better not score and he fucking did !!!!

I am lost for words and so disappointed - I know we are the Champions, but we should have beat this lot and we certainly need to bring in some better players for next season.

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Wasn’t his fault mate. Management.  Fucking spewing right now. Won the league and the cunts thought that was it. Comes down to mentality of winning. We looked off it all day. Some players today didn’t look hungry enough for the challenge today. Beeling that he took Alfie off. Made no fucking sense at all. 

I agree, but wasn't lack of effort. I think the physiological doubt creeped in. I think in general application was ok today. People were bursting there arse imo.

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

Those two cup exits show how much we need to add quality. No filling the squad with average shite. We need quality. 

Gutted 

the midfield is what needs fixing, every time we dump aribo in the midfield we seem to lose his threat as if he was on the wing, hagi when he plays is like having a man down..........we need to stop with the finding space to take a shot only then to pass it.

Hilly86 likes this

55 has been fantastic and what we all wanted, but the players have been poor ever since we won it. That is maybe understandable in a way but that was hellish tonight and not being able to hold on at the end of extra time was very very poor.

All we can do now is celebrate the league on the 15th, but that was a really poor performance and like everyone else  feel gutted.

1 minute ago, southcoastbear said:

Disappointing as it is we won the league, that was the target at the start of the season.

Decent run in Europe too brought in some much needed revenue.

Must look to improve again for next season.

Frankly,much as it annoys to lose to dross like that, I’d take the same next year 

We didn't look up for that at all. St johnstone looked quicker to the ball and more athletic, no excuses. Roofe was anonymous again, unfair to pick just him out as there were a few others that done f all.

But come on to fuck, letting their keeper get a free header in the last minute of ET?

The starting line up set the tone for the game.

Probably forced to move Aribo but Hagi was a man down and shouldn’t have started.

Wright deserves his chance and also brings in a better balance and lets us attack a bit quicker.

Roofe coming on for Morelos was another mistake, yeah he’s on a yellow card but it’s a risk worth taking when he’s more likely to get a goal.

Piss poor all round.

Not sure what has happened to fame management in the last 5 mins of games. 

Seem to.remeber not long ago, Aribo and Hagi keeping the ball for ages at the end of a game. 

Now in at least the last 5 games inviting pressure on ourselves by not holding the ball. 

Again Roofe keep the ball. Hold it there , take a hit win the freekick. 

Last min goal then lose on penalties is shit state of affairs. 

Hagi starting was the wrong call, resting so many.mid week was the wrong call. 

Taking Morelos off even on a yellow was the wrong call. 

Just not been at it since winning the league. 

Gutter.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

And the worst of it .He sauntered up to our goal mouth with his arm in the air .And no one thought to pick him up in the 6 yard box .Criminal 

I joked he’d end up beating Simpson in the air and scoring before the corner, the worst thing is he didn’t have to beat fucking anyone, criminal 

eejay the dj likes this

3 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Disappointing as it is we won the league, that was the target at the start of the season.

Decent run in Europe too brought in some much needed revenue.

Must look to improve again for next season.

Wrong attitude to have. With celtic being out it was another chance at a major trophy thrown away by this group of players and management. 

Might be viewed as harsh but its true. This performance after the gum flapping the gaffer did was unforgiveable 

1 minute ago, Willis said:

To be fair that keeper of theirs was fucking fantastic tonight and fair play to him. 

Aye. He kept them in it with some really good saves during the normal game then his goal (no way was there 2 mins to be added on) and then penalty saves. Only 28, posssible replacement for Shagger when he retires?

Scunnered that we let a team we usually beat comfortably at Ibrox knock us out. Some of our players bottled it. Anxiety was ripping right of them in the final minutes of the game.

Willis likes this