***** The Official Champions v St Johnstone Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, MorelosRangers said:

I don't understand why Morelos was taken off. 

I don't rate Roofe as a centre forward. He is better playing off a front man. It was a strange decision as Alfie almost scored a few times.

Think Gerrard was raging at him missing all these chances

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Again wrong mentality to have. This is Rangers we should be looking to win every competition we are involved in especially in scotland. 

Gerrard and the team absolutely shat it again tonight. I mentioned earlier in this thread we are sorely missing winners in this team/squad and i stand by that. Too many of this current team are happy to coast games and they need to either shape up or ship out.

I put hagi and aribo both at the top of that list. 

On their day they are unplayable but its not much use if thats 2 in every ten games. 

I don’t have a time machine mate, it’s happened and I don’t want to bomb the management team out the club because of it.

I do expect better and in all other competitions we have got progressively better over the last 3 seasons culminating in what still is an undefeated domestic league season on top of our long awaited 55th league title.

Wipe our mouths off, strengthen in the summer, we go again next season.

This season has not been a failure on the whole.

Shit performance. At the end Roofe runs ball into corner and is fouled. Stick on free kick. Game over. Still should have had far too much for them. Lack of urgency, tempo in our play.Midfield is crucial in the summer. Wihout Arfield and Jack we're light in the middle.

10 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Please go stevie. 

Papped out of 6 fucking diddy cups in a row

FFS. 

What a total pile of shite.

Please go Stevie?

He wins us 55. Our first title for years and you want him to go.

We're all pissed off but really?

For me I’m afraid Stevie takes the brunt of the blame for this one. The warning signs were there plain as day on Wednesday and he has simply failed to address the issues.

Some also  seem to think they are on their holidays already.

Yes, legend , 55 etc. but there’s no way a team that’s 52 fuckin points below us be causing us so many problems!!! 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Was thinking the other day .Even being in the last 8 .Winning a cup competition seems a mile off .And my fears were proved right .We still have a very soft centre with no ruthlessness in domestic cup football  

Spot on, there's no guarantee that we would have won a Semi and / or a Final either.

Scottish teams are so up for domestic cup comps, as they know it's their only chance of silverware.

Just now, Bigdave30 said:

I don’t have a time machine mate, it’s happened and I don’t want to bomb the management team out the club because of it.

I do expect better and in all other competitions we have got progressively better over the last 3 seasons culminating in what still is an undefeated domestic league season on top of our long awaited 55th league title.

Wipe our mouths off, strengthen in the summer, we go again next season.

This season has not been a failure on the whole.

This season has been grrat however it has also coincided with one of the poorest title defenses in history. 

We looked like a completely different team at the start of the season up until december where again we looked suspect and have played shocking since in pretty much all competitions. 

We go on about celtic needing mass changes and rebuild but we again need 3 or 4 quality additions imo as some dont have the mentality to perform at a club like ours. 

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Dunno, but who would then have been marking Helander’s man?

He's standing on the penalty spot for about ten seconds! Somebody... anybody... It's scandalous defending from a team who don't concede at home. I can't get my head around it for the life of me.

2 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

What a total pile of shite.

Please go Stevie?

He wins us 55. Our first title for years and you want him to go.

We're all pissed off but really?

Yes. 2 games against st Johnston this week  

Winning in I injury time in both.  No wins.

Ffs

6 domestic cups  in a row. Pumped out every one.