***** The Official Champions v St Johnstone Match Thread *****

To bring in better, means to let go some of those hero worshipped by some. 

Our so called better players were dug shite tonight and not for the first time. 

To just stand still we need to bring in better, because every other cunt is looking to improve. 

We got our 55. 56 will be harder and what we witnessed tonight, it's bring in better, or we don't do it. 

Losing two late goals to the same side in a week is criminal. 

55 was the priority this season but the cup record is atrocious. Both these cups were winnable and we've fucked it. 

For me our midfield needs reinforced in the summer. Take Jack or Arfield out and we're not the same. 

8 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

For me I’m afraid Stevie takes the brunt of the blame for this one. The warning signs were there plain as day on Wednesday and he has simply failed to address the issues.

Some also  seem to think they are on their holidays already.

Yes, legend , 55 etc. but there’s no way a team that’s 52 fuckin points below us be causing us so many problems!!! 

Roofe should've kept the ball in the corner.  game management was brutal.  Roofe cost us this game imo. 

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

This season has been grrat however it has also coincided with one of the poorest title defenses in history. 

We looked like a completely different team at the start of the season up until december where again we looked suspect and have played shocking since in pretty much all competitions. 

We go on about celtic needing mass changes and rebuild but we again need 3 or 4 quality additions imo as some dont have the mentality to perform at a club like ours. 

I wouldn’t give they cunts the credit, we have been pretty relentless in the league.

We definitely have plenty room for improvement and if we make the right moves in the summer I’ve got faith that this management team can help us make another step forward because that’s what they’ve delivered season on season so far.

Im as gutted as anybody that we can go and get results against teams like Benfica, Porto, Villarreal and stumble against st mirren and st fucking Johnstone 

Helander was probably man of the match and him and Goldson the only two outfield players who played at normal level.

Tav was awful.

Hagi was absolutely non existent and Aribo back to prancing about and nothing sums him up like his attempted tackle on lead up to corner when they equalised.

Onto next season - at least two quality midfielders - a goal scoring type and a big, mobile aggressive type required and a proven right sided attacker needed if we want to progress.

Get rid of any out of contract players and accept bids if they come in for Hagi and Aribo.

Very disappointed. The side looks like it is on its last legs. We could have done with Jack etc. I'm going to give the team a break. They have done what we asked them to do. Now everyone can relax and focus on next season. Ok there's one other game we mustn't lose,  but this just shows the need to keep strengthening.

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Roofe should've kept the ball in the corner.  game management was brutal.  Roofe cost us this game imo. 

Roofe is fuckin no where near it.

Cunts either injured or trying to get back from injury. Couldn’t lace Morelos boots.

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Losing two late goals to the same side in a week is criminal. 

55 was the priority this season but the cup record is atrocious. Both these cups were winnable and we've fucked it. 

For me our midfield needs reinforced in the summer. Take Jack or Arfield out and we're not the same. 

We still won’t be good enough next season with Jack and Arfield mate. We need to move on and get better players. Squad players now they are imo. Both injury prone. Fuck that. 

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He's standing on the penalty spot for about ten seconds! Somebody... anybody... It's scandalous defending from a team who don't concede at home. I can't get my head around it for the life of me.

I agree, but Helander would have had his own man to mark. That would have left a different player free, it needed someone, who wasn’t already marking up to mark the keeper. No one took on that responsibility and I’m pretty sure if anyone from the bench had shouted for him to be marked he would have been.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

We still won’t be good enough next season with Jack and Arfield mate. We need to move on and get better players. Squad players now they are imo. Both injury prone. Fuck that. 

I agree mate. We just haven't been the same this season when one or the other is missing. 

We definitely need to upgrade in the summer and I'd be looking to make some heavy investment in this area. 

Just now, left winger said:

I agree, but Helander would have had his own man to mark. That would have left a different player free, it needed someone, who wasn’t already marking up to mark the keeper. No one took on that responsibility and I’m pretty sure if anyone from the bench had shouted for him to be marked he would have been.

Both CH's responsibility is to mark the biggest cunt. He stood out like a sore thumb!! 

It should never happen at that level. If he won a 50-50 then fair enough. He was wide open.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Both CH's responsibility is to mark the biggest cunt. He stood out like a sore thumb!! 

It should never happen at that level. If he won a 50-50 then fair enough. He was wide open.

Yeah, he was wide open, and yes it shouldn’t happen. We all know that, but we also know that for one of our CDs to mark him, they need to leave their own man unmarked.

30 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Serious wake up call for next season. Fair play to St Johnstone. Going for a double is amazing. 

Hagi looked really poor tonight. 

Best team won tonight.  They were well up for it, got their tactics right, rode their luck and just wanted it more.

Starting eleven should have been more than good enough to win but we lacked energy and desire. 

Lessons to be learnt.  With hindsight we should have put tonights starting eleven out in midweek and played the league game as a rehearsal for the cup tie instead of pissing around with changes.