***** The Official Champions v St Johnstone Match Thread *****

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

For the record, i'm not having a go at the captain but i hope he never takes another penalty again. i believe that is seven missed in two seasons and three in a row. Enough is enough!

I have zero faith in Tav with penalties. He was awful tonight 

1 minute ago, watty. said:

shows how much faith Gerrard has in itten when he brings on a half fit underperforming roofe.honestly dont know what's happening with that one. 

Itten is absolutely shite 

Roofe has been shite since late January but still has the odd glimpse of quality

7 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Best team won tonight.  They were well up for it, got their tactics right, rode their luck and just wanted it more.

Starting eleven should have been more than good enough to win but we lacked energy and desire. 

Lessons to be learnt.  With hindsight we should have put tonights starting eleven out in midweek and played the league game as a rehearsal for the cup tie instead of pissing around with changes.

Said exactly the same thing to My Dad 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

No mate. He’s not good enough. We need to look at something else here for next season. Not only him though. 

Honestly think he is good enough, as a backup striker for half the games, when he's fit and can be arsed playing

The return we've got from Itten, Roofe & Hagi though has been nothing short of embarrassing 

Our defence has carried us to the title this season & we've come unstuck when teams have scored into us as we dont have enough going forward

2 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

No sure how Morelos is escaping criticism tonight. He’s got to score one of those headers. Hagi a waste of space again. Guys like Barisic are too nice against these teams and dont seem to realise how much half their players despise us. Gutted.

That’s pretty much how I feel 

You can’t criticise Alfredo on here though 

4 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

No sure how Morelos is escaping criticism tonight. He’s got to score one of those headers. Hagi a waste of space again. Guys like Barisic are too nice against these teams and dont seem to realise how much half their players despise us. Gutted.

Fuck me mate, that goalie had the game of his life tonight. Alfie did everything right and the cunt saved the stuff thrown at him. Alfie dropping deep at times to lay off passes. You need to watch the game again. The ref was outstanding though as well. 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Fuck me mate, that goalie had the game of his life tonight. Alfie did everything right and the cunt saved the stuff thrown at him. Alfie dropping deep at times to lay off passes. You need to watch the game again. The ref was outstanding though as well. 

That a joke 😂

Tbh .10minutes into tonight .I wasn’t feeling it .Thought we had managed to get through, but then blew it.

The scattergun is out and I’m gutted tbh .Yet this group of players are going to pick up the league trophy in a few weeks time .Think I’ll go to my bed and let others criticise 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Linked well a couple of times second half. Not enough for me. Too many on here with the Alfie blinkers on. On his game he’s unplayable...not on it often enough and should have scored three tonight imo.

1 minute ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Linked well a couple of times second half. Not enough for me. Too many on here with the Alfie blinkers on. On his game he’s unplayable...not on it often enough and should have scored three tonight imo.

Who in the midfield were good enough tonight?  Does that not affect Alfie’s game. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Listen, i would rather win the league every year than any of the cups.

If we win the league for the next 3,4 or 5 Seasons, no one will give a flying fuck if we don't win another domestic cup in that time period.

Priority for this season was the League and a decent run in Europe.

Iam disappointed in tonight, but the writing has been on the wall, and let's not take anything away from stjohnstone, they done well.

Teams outside of Rangers and celtic just have more desire to win the cups. It's their only real chance of silverware. A one off game that they can throw everything at. 

I don’t think  anyone disagrees that the league is the priority every year and that if we had to choose, we would take the league every year.

The problem is though we shouldn’t need to choose. Bar celtic, we outspend every other team by dozens. That expenditure demands more than not being able to reach a Scottish cup semi-final In four years.

1 hour ago, steven33jackie said:

Got exactly what they deserved from that game. A lot of those guys were rested midweek for this game. But looked absolutely out on their feet during extra time. There is still a softness to us when a team gets in their face and wants to turn a game into a scrap.

I said during the week that guys like Roofe don't impress at all and his contribution when coming on was zero. Why Morelos went off is a mystery as we lost our focal point as soon as he left the field.

Morelos was already on a yellow and had fluffed a number of chances. Good chance he’d have seen red if he stayed on given that wanker of a ref.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Morelos does everything right with both those headers. He was very unlucky especially the second one. 

Sorry, but I can't criticize him on those chances. He was really coming into the game. My jaw dropped when I seen him come off

spot on if McGregor had made the save from the second header we'd be saying what a save but on here it's a sitter missed