Stopping the Tainted 10iar

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I would have been delighted to have won the Scottish and League cup, but we didn't, because of the,simple fact, that we weren't good enough, or more accurately, didn't approach it in the right attitude.

Either way, it's gone, and Iam sure it will be addressed at the club.

I think the squad and management thought they could pick and choose when to turn it on after winning the league. 

It backfired and we've let a huge opportunity go to waste. 

What it does is it shows we are far from the finished article and need to keep strengthening by adding more quailty. 

When Gerrard sits down for a season review I would imagine the Cups will be about a 30 second conversation between him and the board.

If Gerrard went from now for the next 2 years winning the league and achieving the Groups in Europe CL, or Europa League I doubt the board will give much a fuck about the Cups 

It was clear at the start of the season that we must win the league. You could see from the way we started we went all in with a high pressing, high tempo way of playing. Even getting into the mindset of stopping the 10 the players would have been putting all their energy into it.

I think when we wrapped up the title it’s obviously had an effect and everyone has relaxed and there has been a drop in performance. Add to that it was already our 53rd game this season we aren’t going to be able to keep the levels up for every single game.

Yes we should be beating St.Mirren and St.Johnstone but I think it can be easily forgiven this season regarding what was at stake.

55 and stopping the 10 was all that mattered

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

On all things? Or just some things, .... they (rightly) wouldn't sack (or even consider) sacking a manager who wins leagues and makes a fuck load of money in Europe... 

I don’t think a single person has suggested sacking him. 

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think a single person has suggested sacking him. 

I haven't either, it was a general point. I don't think the board will see the Cups as important to the club as the fans probably do as a measure of success these days or a massive measure on which a manager is judged come review time. I would expect it will be League, Europe with what happens in the Cups a far way behind. 

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Trophy numbers will matter soon enough considering they could overtake us in that department pretty soon, the whole worlds most successful club just disappears overnight. 

We need to be winning trophies consistently

The only reason they caught up was we were down div 3 and handicapped trying to build our club again ffs ,gie ur heed a rest m8

4 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

The only reason they caught up was we were down div 3 and handicapped trying to build our club again ffs ,gie ur heed a rest m8

Doesn’t matter. There’s no asterisk against it. You are the worlds most successful club or you’re not.  

55 was all that mattered.

However it was won a couple of months ago. The SC should have been a big focus. We beat the scum so the players could raise their game for it. Why not in the next round? They can raise their game in Europe too.

It's down to the attitude and mentality of our first team. They had a week off so there are no excuses.

3 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

On all things? Or just some things, .... they (rightly) wouldn't sack (or even consider) sacking a manager who wins leagues and makes a fuck load of money in Europe... 

Your wasting your breath with these dinosaurs. Every decent European Club now puts Their League Championship and European progression as their priority.

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Your wasting your breath with these dinosaurs. Every decent European Club now puts Their League Championship and European progression as their priority.

Absolutely nobody has the league cup and Scottish cup as a priority over the league 

On 27/04/2021 at 08:07, graeme_4 said:

No one is doubting that. 

The issue is it should have been more given how this season has panned out. We should have those cunts dead and buried, but instead we’re one hit wonders who still haven’t dropped the ‘serial loser’ tag. 

Nothing wrong with acknowledging how fantastic 55 is, but also how shambolic our cup record is and question why we’ve missed such an open goal for at least a double. 

Serial loser tag? We just won the league. Nothing is bigger in Scottish football. This reaction is just idiotic to what has been by any standards fantastic for Rangers. We should be thanking Gerrard for producing a fantastic football team which obliterated the league. 

4 hours ago, WeDontDoWalkingAway1872 said:

It was clear at the start of the season that we must win the league. You could see from the way we started we went all in with a high pressing, high tempo way of playing. Even getting into the mindset of stopping the 10 the players would have been putting all their energy into it.

I think when we wrapped up the title it’s obviously had an effect and everyone has relaxed and there has been a drop in performance. Add to that it was already our 53rd game this season we aren’t going to be able to keep the levels up for every single game.

Yes we should be beating St.Mirren and St.Johnstone but I think it can be easily forgiven this season regarding what was at stake.

55 and stopping the 10 was all that mattered

This sums it up. Objective reached. 

10 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Maybe, but there's alot of people on here wetting their tights over it though.

Theres a difference between wetting their tights and asking why a team 52 points behind us in the league has just out us out the scottish cup when there was absolutely no pressure on us 

37 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Serial loser tag? We just won the league. Nothing is bigger in Scottish football. This reaction is just idiotic to what has been by any standards fantastic for Rangers. We should be thanking Gerrard for producing a fantastic football team which obliterated the league. 

Absolutely. Not disagreeing with that. 55 is probably the biggest title in our history. 

Doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t have won more this season, and should have done better in the cups over the last 3 years.

Not trying to be Mr Staunch, but we haven’t been past the QFs of the Scottish cup in 3 seasons, with exits at Ibrox twice. That’s not good enough IMO. We should be expecting better. 

1 hour ago, MorelosRangers said:

55 was all that mattered.

However it was won a couple of months ago. The SC should have been a big focus. We beat the scum so the players could raise their game for it. Why not in the next round? They can raise their game in Europe too.

It's down to the attitude and mentality of our first team. They had a week off so there are no excuses.

You can't raise your game every match. You have a level and raise it on occasion. We have done that this season. 

We have also underperformed at times. That also is normal.

There were some wanting us to basically ignore Europe this year in our quest to stop them cunts. 

Personally I would take our European run and the money it brought and value added to players over cup wins.

That doesn't diminish the disappointment but a reality check is needed. Some of the criticism has been way over the top.