Stopping the Tainted 10iar

22 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

You can't raise your game every match. You have a level and raise it on occasion. We have done that this season. 

We have also underperformed at times. That also is normal.

There were some wanting us to basically ignore Europe this year in our quest to stop them cunts. 

Personally I would take our European run and the money it brought and value added to players over cup wins.

That doesn't diminish the disappointment but a reality check is needed. Some of the criticism has been way over the top.

Has the criticism been way over the top? Or is it just fans, who are fucking ecstatic at winning the league, absolutely gutted that having watched the tarriers win 4 trebles in a row (tainted or not they are in the records) we couldnt even win one when the tarriers were out of both cups before us and the league was pretty much done by November and definitely won by the time the scottish cup started 

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Don't agree.

There was a time and they'll be a time again, but I doubt without the last couple of years of financial gain from our run we'd be in position we are now.

Champions league group stages or win cups next year?

Completely different, CL group stages means no board financing required

If we dropped to the europa league groups, and the board still had to finance our team due to overspend, the fact that teams with a fraction of our wages are putting us out of cups might well start to annoy them

Plus we were out of europe before the scottish started this season, absolutely no excuses to not win it this season, none whatsoever 

Focusing on domestic cups instead of focusing on Europe is why septic is in the shit it’s in. They were happy being domestic bullies and dining out on an ultimately meaningless victory over Barcelona. Brenda Rodgers coached at Liverpool and Leicester as well as septic and has never done anything in Europe. Years of CL money pissed away in the singular pursuit of 10iar. Boy those trebles though! Our gaffer has lifted the European Cup and won the UEFA Cup. His goal is a treble that includes a European trophy.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Has the criticism been way over the top? Or is it just fans, who are fucking ecstatic at winning the league, absolutely gutted that having watched the tarriers win 4 trebles in a row (tainted or not they are in the records) we couldnt even win one when the tarriers were out of both cups before us and the league was pretty much done by November and definitely won by the time the scottish cup started 

The majority of the criticism has been over the top.

That's not to say that no criticism is warranted. 

This whole taking things for granted reeks of them. You know that entitlement that we criticize. 

So yes the criticism has been over the top.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Completely different, CL group stages means no board financing required

If we dropped to the europa league groups, and the board still had to finance our team due to overspend, the fact that teams with a fraction of our wages are putting us out of cups might well start to annoy them

Plus we were out of europe before the scottish started this season, absolutely no excuses to not win it this season, none whatsoever 

I'm not disagreeing. Should go hand in hand, were strong enough to compete on all fronts.

My point is, if we're putting a priority on what's more important for our development then for me it's  League > European run > Cups. 

Like I say this will change as time goes on but if someone offers me champions league group stage or minimum of last 16 of Europa next season above a Scottish Cup win I'd 100% take it.

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye, in some cases the criticism is way over the top. The only thing some cunts are missing is a car park where they can vent their fury.

The main glory of any season is winning the league. A good run in Europe gives us the finances to challenge properly for the title and that glory. Domestic cups bring some glory but nothing really in financial terms. To me it's obvious a good run in Europe each season is more important than winning domestic cups. Not having one makes the following league season more difficult.

Still beelin' about Sunday though. :ang:

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Absolutely. Not disagreeing with that. 55 is probably the biggest title in our history. 

Doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t have won more this season, and should have done better in the cups over the last 3 years.

Not trying to be Mr Staunch, but we haven’t been past the QFs of the Scottish cup in 3 seasons, with exits at Ibrox twice. That’s not good enough IMO. We should be expecting bette

1 hour ago, Darth Bear said:

The majority of the criticism has been over the top.

That's not to say that no criticism is warranted. 

This whole taking things for granted reeks of them. You know that entitlement that we criticize. 

So yes the criticism has been over the top.

Pathetic really from some. The league will be lifted in a few weeks. Will anyone care about the cup? No. 

17 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Pathetic really from some. The league will be lifted in a few weeks. Will anyone care about the cup? No. 

Our cup record is what’s pathetic. It’s about standards. The aim at Rangers is to win every domestic trophy we enter and reach the group stages of Europe. Stop trying to justify how poor we’ve been in cup competitions. 

On 27/04/2021 at 08:15, eejay the dj said:

That is a brilliant post.

It is a sobering thought and we avoided all that .

And to be honest , anyone that slates it says more about them , than any other argument 

Spot on, if any one of us were offered the league at the start of the season whilst going out of the cups we’d have bit their hand off for it.
As disappointing as the cup runs were I am neither one way or another about them, the one and only priority going in to this season was 55.
The author of this thread is on the money with the sycophantic nonsense we would have had to endure from the MSM etc, the thought of them lording it up for as long as they have banged on about ‘67’ for is truly something to be grateful we won’t have to endure...

2 hours ago, Number5 said:

I'm not disagreeing. Should go hand in hand, were strong enough to compete on all fronts.

My point is, if we're putting a priority on what's more important for our development then for me it's  League > European run > Cups. 

Like I say this will change as time goes on but if someone offers me champions league group stage or minimum of last 16 of Europa next season above a Scottish Cup win I'd 100% take it.

What about europa group stages, and a treble? 

2 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Focusing on domestic cups instead of focusing on Europe is why septic is in the shit it’s in. They were happy being domestic bullies and dining out on an ultimately meaningless victory over Barcelona. Brenda Rodgers coached at Liverpool and Leicester as well as septic and has never done anything in Europe. Years of CL money pissed away in the singular pursuit of 10iar. Boy those trebles though! Our gaffer has lifted the European Cup and won the UEFA Cup. His goal is a treble that includes a European trophy.

Absolutely no chance a scottish team will win a European trophy ever again, not unless they create another trophy for teams that arent elite, since the europa got a CL place to its winners big teams have started focusing on it again

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Absolutely no chance a scottish team will win a European trophy ever again, not unless they create another trophy for teams that arent elite, since the europa got a CL place to its winners big teams have started focusing on it again

The larger point is you can strive to go onto the pitch for a European match and play like you belong there, which is what Rangers have done for three years. septic hasn’t prioritized Europe for years, pretty much since we went to the third division, and now they have nothing to show for 8.75iar and no current European pedigree. They are utterly in a world of shit.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

The larger point is you can strive to go onto the pitch for a European match and play like you belong there, which is what Rangers have done for three years. septic hasn’t prioritized Europe for years, pretty much since we went to the third division, and now they have nothing to show for 8.75iar and no current European pedigree. They are utterly in a world of shit.

Ww can strive all we want in europe, the fact is we wont come close to winning a euro trophy anymore with uefa basically focusing everything on the elite countries

As for them not prioritising europe, they clearly didnt find the right balance between domestic and Europe, we haven't found that either

1 hour ago, 285miles said:

Looked back at our record in the Scottish cup since 1987 and it’s pretty poor

But would rather win league and no domestic cups than the other way round

We regularly have long gaps without the Scottish cup throughout our history then we go through periods of winning it almost every season or two. 

think the the longest we went was from 1903 to 1928. then it was 1981 - 1992 and now the run we are on now . Few periods in there aswell of going 7 or 8 years without winning it . 

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think if we ever had a complete disaster with CL/EL qualifying we’d win the Conference League.

17 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No reason why we can't have both. 

Only need to play 4 games to qualify before September ffs. 

Aye, the scottish doesn't start till jan but people are saying its a choice between that or a european competition we could be out of by xmas lol

19 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No reason why we can't have both. 

Only need to play 4 games to qualify before September ffs. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye, the scottish doesn't start till jan but people are saying its a choice between that or a european competition we could be out of by xmas lol

My original comment was in response to someone saying ''Scottish Cups are more important than Europa Last 16, always has been, always will''.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be competing on all fronts, what I was saying is the Scottish Cup means less to me than the financial gains we get from a European run. 

League > Europe > Domestic cups in that order.....currently.

22 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

What do you propose the solution is? Change of manager? 

Not my job to find the solution. That’s the job of the management team. And I’m not looking to have Gerrard replaced either, but cup competitions are one of the two major blots on his Rangers copy book.