Stopping the Tainted 10iar

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Not my job to find the solution. That’s the job of the management team. And I’m not looking to have Gerrard replaced either, but cup competitions are one of the two major blots on his Rangers copy book.

Winning the league and what he has done in Europe probably give him a pass to most in the Cups TBH - in 10 years time when he is spoke about as a Rangers manager most won't give a fuck about the Cups 

46 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Winning the league and what he has done in Europe probably give him a pass to most in the Cups TBH - in 10 years time when he is spoke about as a Rangers manager most won't give a fuck about the Cups 

Dunno, people still moan about Walter having not won as much as he should have and reminisce about trebles under Eck and Advocaat. 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Dunno, people still moan about Walter having not won as much as he should have and reminisce about trebles under Eck and Advocaat. 

I’ll admit I’ll be one of them.

2010 and 2011 we could have won the treble but we blew a replay playing a weakened side and parked the bus against 10 men.

At least there is still plenty of great memories during 2008-11.

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It's a very select % of our support who do that TBH, the greater % of the support tend to romanticize the fuck out of our ex managers and players and typically end up talking them into iconic cultesque figures (even pish players on occasion) some fondly remember Konterman because of "that goal" etc and so on rather than the years of inept and shite performances. 

Most still go to "best football ever seen" when talking about Adovcaat as their starter, rather than what followed - McLeish will always be linked with memorable title wins first to most rather than numerous comedy seasons let alone Cup exits. 

In 10 years time when Gerrard is spoken about most will be well into their conversation before fucking up Cups is mentioned, the good times have far outweighed the shit in the context of his management, time will likely also emphasize how pish we were before he arrived and how far he took us. 

I leaned on this the other day when speaking about 9IAR. some people speak about that time like it was a trophy laced era of glory,  when we walked Cups every year... which isn't entirely true,  but more tend to forget the shit times quicker and lean on speaking about the success and ramp it up. 

23 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's a very select % of our support who do that TBH, the greater % of the support tend to romanticize the fuck out of our ex managers and players and typically end up talking them into iconic cultesque figures (even pish players on occasion) some fondly remember Konterman because of "that goal" etc and so on rather than the years of inept and shite performances. 

Most still go to "best football ever seen" when talking about Adovcaat as their starter, rather than what followed - McLeish will always be linked with memorable title wins first to most rather than numerous comedy seasons let alone Cup exits. 

In 10 years time when Gerrard is spoken about most will be well into their conversation before fucking up Cups is mentioned, the good times have far outweighed the shit in the context of his management, time will likely also emphasize how pish we were before he arrived and how far he took us. 

I leaned on this the other day when speaking about 9IAR. some people speak about that time like it was a trophy laced era of glory,  when we walked Cups every year... which isn't entirely true,  but more tend to forget the shit times quicker and lean on speaking about the success and ramp it up. 

There is absolutely no need to exaggerate. 2 seasons is not numerous 

48 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

160687343_1091528914683774_4968909483710586120_n.thumb.jpg.7e096241120d4bfd5271a6cc5c12105b.jpg

"But tHe CUpS dOnT MATtEr" 

Always slightly annoyed me that they were always just slightly ahead of us in Scottish cups before 2012. Think after our last victory the gap was back down to 1 or might have even been level . Now it’s 7. 

6 hours ago, Number5 said:

My original comment was in response to someone saying ''Scottish Cups are more important than Europa Last 16, always has been, always will''.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be competing on all fronts, what I was saying is the Scottish Cup means less to me than the financial gains we get from a European run. 

League > Europe > Domestic cups in that order.....currently.

For 10 years septic’s priorities were cups > league (cups and trebles need to be earned, leagues were a stroll without Rangers) > Europe. And that’s why they are in a world of shit.

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Always slightly annoyed me that they were always just slightly ahead of us in Scottish cups before 2012. Think after our last victory the gap was back down to 1 or might have even been level . Now it’s 7. 

Yeah that will take a long time to catch