*****The Official Champions vs the scum thread*****

graeme_4

• graeme_4 changed the title to *****The Official Champions vs the scum thread*****
26 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I’d like the players to turn up and batter them.

We could’ve done that in the cup but we sat back in the second half.

Looking for a champions performance 

I feel like (ignoring the cups), what this season is missing is giving them a fucking scudding. 

Having said that, we can’t afford to play Aribo in midfield and, please Gerrard, keep Simpson so far to fuck from that team. It’s early days and I’m not writing him off but he kicks about like Bambi on ice.

Regardless of the embarrassment the other night, we still didn’t lose or concede in the 90, and that lot are at the point of celebrating 93rd minute equalisers away to an absolutely rank rotten Aberdeen side.

I’m less confident about scudding them now but I think we’ll win relatively comfortably again even if not at our best.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Having said that, we can’t afford to play Aribo in midfield and, please Gerrard, keep Simpson so far to fuck from that team. It’s early days and I’m not writing him off but he kicks about like Bambi on ice.

Regardless of the embarrassment the other night, we still didn’t lose or concede in the 90, and that lot are at the point of celebrating 93rd minute equalisers away to an absolutely rank rotten Aberdeen side.

I’m less confident about scudding them now but I think we’ll win relatively comfortably again even if not at our best.

Mate as fans we know when a player looks " dodgy " we have experienced so many signings who have got off to a rotten start or gave the impression they are not good enough and more often than so the fans have a great eye for a decent player. He gave me the fucking fear when he came on for Helander. 

I think it’s huge for us to remain unbeaten now tbh. Would love to hammer them but can really see a 0-0 draw. 

Hope we can scud them though, probably all that’s been missing in terms of the league. If we beat them 4-0 or something it would negate any results they got against us wae Jon Toral and Senderos kicking about, after all this is the best team in Scotland we’re playing 

26 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Mate as fans we know when a player looks " dodgy " we have experienced so many signings who have got off to a rotten start or gave the impression they are not good enough and more often than so the fans have a great eye for a decent player. He gave me the fucking fear when he came on for Helander. 

Agreed. Can tell if someone’s a player or not within 5-10 minutes usually. Of course you’ll get the occasional player that surprises you, but the fans aren’t daft. 

We desperately need options in the middle.

Davis and Kamara playing like a deep lying two with three in front of them is a tweaking made necessary because Arfield is half fit, Jack is injured, Zungu is suspended and Aribo is simply not a midfielder, a realisation that Gerrard has reluctantly and belatedly recognised.

It is a predicament of our own making, due at least in part to our inability to bring through young players in this area of the pitch.

If the choice on Sunday is Aribo or young Dickson in midfield, then give the kid a chance because we already know that Aribo won’t work there.

We have plenty of cover elsewhere but leaving ourselves this stretched in the engine room is poor planning imo.