Defoe

G.E.C.

14 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Think Itten will be punted this summer then if defoe extends his deal 

Think he would've been going out on loan anyway if Alfie stays. Can't see the JRG and government giving reserve team football the go ahead next season so he will need to go out and get a proper season. 

10 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Think he would've been going out on loan anyway if Alfie stays. Can't see the JRG and government giving reserve team football the go ahead next season so he will need to go out and get a proper season. 

Is he not 24/25 too old for a loan for a 2m signing

18 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Happy to give defoe another year.  He can still give goals and the advice he can give to our strikers is priceless..

Working with Sakala would bring the lad on leaps and bounds imo, he appears to be fast, strong and knows the way to goal but Defoe could bring his game to the next level....

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm amazed so many are happy to take him for another season. Think we would do better saving the wages.

Agreed, he's done little this season and we are a much weaker side when he starts against decent sides. The glory goal against the taigs has clearly influenced people.

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Agreed, he's done little this season and we are a much weaker side when he starts against decent sides. The glory goal against the taigs has clearly influenced people.

Funnily, most of us at the start of this season agreed he shouldn't have been given another year I'm sure now we're saying much the same 

I wonder if the Defoe situation has anything to do with a succession plan with Gerrard? 

He's obviously not worth a contract for purely Footballing terms , but there is no doubt of his experience and what he brings to players/squad around him? Have our management team and board possibly seem something that suggests he could be ideal for management in the next 2 or 3 years. I imagine he's done/doing all his badges etc??