Sum up this season...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ima ruin the mood and kill the fuck out the vibe here and tell you what it means to me.  The last year has been shite. Utter shite. We have all took a battering with covid.  She lost her mum this

Posted Images

We could all see the improvements over the previous two seasons.
It's been hard going, hearing their supporters for nine years.
They never mention how much the league was diminished by our absence.
If they'd won again, we'd never had heard the end of it.
To me, 55 was always the important number.
And we're hopefully in a good place for the next few.
Going out of both cups was disappointing, but there's always next year.

Incredible really. 

Two domestic defeats, one on 90 minutes and one on penalties, excellent progress and some marquee performances in Europe. 

A defence up there with anything I’ve seen at Rangers, some saves from a goalkeeper who has surpassed Goram in his contribution to the club, our key striker breaking his OF duck and dominating them and a young full back who looks like he could be two good seasons away from a £20m transfer. 

That’s before you consider the likes of Kent, Davis, Tavernier’s form in the first six months, Roofe’s goal, Jack’s winner against Killie - it’s been incredible.

However, as happy as I am, about 0.01% of me will still be sitting pished with the boys next Saturday thinking that we should be looking forward to a Scottish Cup final to complete a domestic treble and that does niggle at me a bit. 

SteveEarle and Amokachi like this
58 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Ok, we trumped the league, but we couldn't overcome St Midden in the League Cup and St Johnston in the Scottish CUP - disappointing to be fair.

I still find that astonishing that people see it that way. I can understand that pov immediately after a cup exit but if I said to you at the start of the season nae domestic cups but League champions and another incredible European run then I'd have bite marks and be missing an arm. Fuck me, a lot of us wanted us to never mind Europe to focus on the league.

Rowley Birkin and Jamie29 like this
1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I still find that astonishing that people see it that way. I can understand that pov immediately after a cup exit but if I said to you at the start of the season nae domestic cups but League champions and another incredible European run then I'd have bite marks and be missing an arm. Fuck me, a lot of us wanted us to never mind Europe to focus on the league.

The league cup fair enough we were playing league games and had a busy schedule up til then with European games too. 
The defeat to St Johnstone was unacceptable. The league was already won and we were out of Europe. It was our only focus.

The league was clearly the priority but the Scottish cup exit was a huge disappointment.

BearInTheToon likes this
Just now, ElBufalo20 said:

The league cup fair enough we were playing league games and had a busy schedule up til then with European games too. 
The defeat to St Johnstone was unacceptable. The league was already won and we were out of Europe. It was our only focus.

The league was clearly the priority but the Scottish cup exit was a huge disappointment.

Course it was. We all felt it mate. But in a post about summing up the season to sum it up as 'dissapointing' as someone done baffles me.

ElBufalo20 likes this