Stick or twist?

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Why do people have to place one thing more important than the other?  I’ll tell you what I want next season, the LOT.  League, league cup and Scottish cup.  I want to qualify for the CL and at the very LEAST finish third and get into Europe past Christmas.  Infact, It’s what I and every other Rangers supporter should EXPECT.

Need to watch with that patter round here mate. Apparently we should just be happy with winning the league. 

This isn’t gambling. Champions league/Europa league money is a bonus and should be used to fund improvements on the ground and training centre as well as strengthen our balance sheet. Player purchases should be funded from player sales...we are in an ideal situation to do this...buy cheap and sell high. Player salaries should be funded from season tickets,tv rights,advertising etc.

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

Need to watch with that patter round here mate. Apparently we should just be happy with winning the league. 

I get maybe in recent times the league was important than anything for some people (although not for me, it should have been everything) but now we’ve finally stopped the rot and won it and not only won it but absolutely annihilated the tarriers in the process, the expectations should be back to what it was pre-2012.  Win everything, aim for the lot, we’re fucking Rangers. 

I think we'll sell one or two players and get replacements in before the qualifiers kick off. 

Long term model will be buying players, developing and selling on. 

We don't want to fall back into relying on champions league money like Murray did. 

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Kamara is the one I definitely WOULDN'T sell.

Our midfield is desperately short on numbers so losing him we would need to find at least three or four new ready-to-start players.

I like Hagi but he is expendable as is Helander if Katic is on the way back and we believe in our youngsters.

Wouldn't rush to sell him TBH, doubt we would make much of a profit on him - would cost a fair chunk of cash to replace and is a world removed from Katic and any other CB options we currently have to play beside Goldson. 

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Kamara is the one I definitely WOULDN'T sell.

Our midfield is desperately short on numbers so losing him we would need to find at least three or four new ready-to-start players.

I like Hagi but he is expendable as is Helander if Katic is on the way back and we believe in our youngsters.

I would be very worried about this. Helander makes a huge difference to us in such a key position, i think he might be our most underrated player. Very effective defender, who also makes Goldson better.

Throwing in a youngster after a year out to CL qualifiers/group stages wouldn't be sensible.

45 minutes ago, PM Boab said:

Which one of Tav or Barisic do you think Hickey would replace?

Seems a strange one

He plays left-back for Bologna and we have Patterson and Tav who i don't think are going anywhere. 

On the face of it would suggest Borna, unless our scouts viewed him as a utility player across defence/midfield even as he does sound pretty versatile and is young enough to develop in a few positions.

Edit: tbh I couldn't see us viewing him a starting left back ready to do what Borna does in our system

Do we know exactly what the new rules are with regards to home-grown players? Some of the academy lads who're out on loan this season might get promoted to the first team but I wonder if we'll look to supplement that by bringing in any experience Scottish players. 

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Why do people have to place one thing more important than the other?  I’ll tell you what I want next season, the LOT.  League, league cup and Scottish cup.  I want to qualify for the CL and at the very LEAST finish third and get into Europe past Christmas.  Infact, It’s what I and every other Rangers supporter should EXPECT.

Realistically, even Europa League qualification is worth about 10X more money than winning either of the cups. 

The more money we bring in, the better set we are in the league. Cups are nice, but they’re no longer in our top 2 competitions of importance for the club long term

22 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Do we know exactly what the new rules are with regards to home-grown players? Some of the academy lads who're out on loan this season might get promoted to the first team but I wonder if we'll look to supplement that by bringing in any experience Scottish players. 

Ryan Gauld?

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Qualification to the CL is going to be difficult but not impossible.

We are going to be seeded in Q3 but UNSEEDED in Q4.

Q3 - Likes of Malmo, Legia Warsaw, Cluj, Bodo/Glimt, Ljubljana, Ferencváros etc are potential opponents.

Q4 - Salzburg, BJK, Zagreb and Slavia Prague likely to await us.

Malmo and Legia would be the only two I'd be slightly nervous about in Q3, anyone but Salzburg in Q4 I'd be okay with.

8 hours ago, don logan said:

I think we'll be selling a couple of players in the summer to fund new signings. I think we have to and we won't be spending everything we generate in sales. Budgets for next season should be set around Europa League qualification.

Hope the budget isnt set around europa league qualification as we have needed the board to top us up even with europa league nevermind the potential of limited crowds etc

4 hours ago, The Blues said:

This isn’t gambling. Champions league/Europa league money is a bonus and should be used to fund improvements on the ground and training centre as well as strengthen our balance sheet. Player purchases should be funded from player sales...we are in an ideal situation to do this...buy cheap and sell high. Player salaries should be funded from season tickets,tv rights,advertising etc.

If we based club wages on season tickets, tv right and advertising then we better cull the squad, st's at a push is 20mill,add advertising abd tv rights probably 25mill

4 hours ago, Copeland1983 said:

I would be very worried about this. Helander makes a huge difference to us in such a key position, i think he might be our most underrated player. Very effective defender, who also makes Goldson better.

Throwing in a youngster after a year out to CL qualifiers/group stages wouldn't be sensible.

Helander imo is the player goldson needs to play as well as he has done, the two of them compliment each other so well at the back, helanders reading of the game is arguably the best we have at the club as well imo

One think we must all realise that the club has to be managed financially really well - never again must we gable with debt and over extension of our finances. 
winning is great but what we have gone through must never happen again so I look to the board to buy and sell wisely.