Colt teams into Lowland League

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Sounds as though clubs have voted in favour of this

What happened to the talks that were due last month to allow entry into division 2 along with one team from each of the Highland and Lowland leagues .

The hatred being shown on social media tonight for this one season trial is almost as bad as the stuff in March when the entry in to the league system was first mentioned .

Perhaps the hatred may subside a little when the away support goes from one man and a dug to at least several hundred paying good money to get in to the ground happens. For example Cumbernauld Colts, there is a large Gers support in What's it Called? and I have no doubt that the Bears in the area will go along to support the youngsters. 

33 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

What happened to the talks that were due last month to allow entry into division 2 along with one team from each of the Highland and Lowland leagues .

The hatred being shown on social media tonight for this one season trial is almost as bad as the stuff in March when the entry in to the league system was first mentioned .

Depends who you ask. Clubs weren't really going for it and theres a lot of he said she said about what happened next. Ultimately, it wasn't going to happen in the immediate future so the clubs went another direction. There's the added twist here that after all of the talk about respecting the pyramid, the SPFL will be forced into a decision if either of the colt sides look like winning the title. 

EKFC are my local team and been to a couple of games. Would love to see them promoted to the proper leagues and will defo go see the colts against them.

Would fancy it to be a tough game for the colts, some really decent players in the EK team.

Annoyingly EK played them a few years back, so they are quite pally with them.

Durant is the assistant manager with them I'm sure.

New 4000 all seater stadium meant to be going up in the next few years.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Depends who you ask. Clubs weren't really going for it and theres a lot of he said she said about what happened next. Ultimately, it wasn't going to happen in the immediate future so the clubs went another direction. There's the added twist here that after all of the talk about respecting the pyramid, the SPFL will be forced into a decision if either of the colt sides look like winning the title. 

The seethe on Pie and Bovril is admittedly quite enjoyable, they're acting as if it's a sporting scandal on the same level as Calciopoli or the Black Sox :lol:

It starts from this linked post:

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/267200-celtic-and-rangers-b-teams-in-league-two/&do=findComment&comment=14448392 

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Money will do some talking too .When the Lowland league clubs have a couple of home games a season with couple of thousand extra paying customers ,there’s a good chance they will want this idea to continue.

Then you might see a few lower league chairmen wanting a slice of that pie .Especially when the more ambitious  Lowland league clubs can then afford to offer better wages and become more of a threat .

8 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

EKFC are my local team and been to a couple of games. Would love to see them promoted to the proper leagues and will defo go see the colts against them.

Would fancy it to be a tough game for the colts, some really decent players in the EK team.

Annoyingly EK played them a few years back, so they are quite pally with them.

Durant is the assistant manager with them I'm sure.

New 4000 all seater stadium meant to be going up in the next few years.

They not just bought a fair few ex pro players as well? Sure they signed Kyle Hutton and Paton that was at Dundee United

Typical bitter attitude to anything we do, the hatred is unbelievable for 1 season of this, would love to see it continue for that alone. 

On a serious note though this can only do our kids a world of good, standard might not be the greatest but they will be playing men week in and week out, also getting a feel for the preparation and what goes into an actual matchday as it's no longer show up at Auchenhowie for a bounce game. 

11 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

Rangers at Bo'ness? Lovely, makes my day just thinking about it.

Plastic pitch though.

did not know it was plastic pitch there been there many times for junior games as boness linlithgow camelon are all fairly local to me of course with the pandemic it is over a year since i was there maybe longer