Colt teams into Lowland League

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Will be interesting to see where they place.

You would hope that they would win the league, but I think the Kelty Hearts / EKFC teams might actually provide a bit of a shock and finish ahead of the colts.

I’d be surprised if they were really challenging. Still expecting our better players to get loaned out to teams in our league or the championship. Think the physicality will just be a bit much for them initially 

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Will be interesting to see where they place.

You would hope that they would win the league, but I think the Kelty Hearts / EKFC teams might actually provide a bit of a shock and finish ahead of the colts.

Kelty wil be league 2 next season. 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

Kelty wil be league 2 next season. 🤞🏻

Is promotion still happening? And dont they need to go through a couple of playoffs?

Usually lowland champs play highland champs to see who goes into the playoff with the bottom League 2 side.

This is the step EK keep falling down at. 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Is promotion still happening? And dont they need to go through a couple of playoffs?

Usually lowland champs play highland champs to see who goes into the playoff with the bottom League 2 side.

They play Brechin in the play off, just beat Brora

9 hours ago, billscott said:

did not know it was plastic pitch there been there many times for junior games as boness linlithgow camelon are all fairly local to me of course with the pandemic it is over a year since i was there maybe longer

Done in the last 2 years. Some wee neds "allegedly" set it on fire before they'd even finished laying it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-48526545

3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yeah, already took care of Brora, Brechin should be the easier of the games for them. 

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

For me anyone who wants Scottish football to improve or the Scotland national team cannot be against this.

Scottish football will not improve.

Grassroots is dying before our eyes.

Scottish National team and the association that run it are beyond help.

It's only about us and improving us alone. Fuck the rest.

Giving it one season. Only need to take a Tony Weston or Charlie Lindsay to be on the receiving end of a career ender against some knuckle-dragging part time labourer. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Giving it one season. Only need to take a Tony Weston or Charlie Lindsay to be on the receiving end of a career ender against some knuckle-dragging part time labourer. 

That could happen to any player in a Cup or League game right now. Some of the challenges we seen in the Championship and in the SPL prove that. Them playing against men is the best thing for their development. The indirect effects benefit all the other clubs too.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Just as much chance of that happening in the SPFL leagues    

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Wouldn't Charlie Lindsay have been every bit at risk of a career ended by a plumber during his loan with Brechin City or when we play these teams in the challenge Cup?

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wouldn't Charlie Lindsay have been every bit at risk of a career ended by a plumber during his loan with Brechin City or when we play these teams in the challenge Cup?

None of our youth should be playing at a level lower than the championship imo. One off games against these dross teams in the challenge cup is a far minimal risk than playing them week in week out.

As I said, I get why the club have went to the Lowland league for a season. To bait the SPFL into seeing what benefit a b team would have. But I think the vast majority of league 1&2 clubs should not be part of the nations "professional" football league. 

I just hope this next season our kids come out unscathed of major career threatening injuries and somehow improve themselves.

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

To be fair, probably not.

How many times did the colts play against teams like this in the cup?

They will play against them about 30 times more next season. So with more games, comes a higher risk.

Disclaimer : I have absolutely no idea if the players in these leagues are statistically more likely to do injuries like this, or if that is a bit of a red herring.

None of our youth should be playing at a level lower than the championship imo. One off games against these dross teams in the challenge cup is a far minimal risk than playing them week in week out.

As I said, I get why the club have went to the Lowland league for a season. To bait the SPFL into seeing what benefit a b team would have. But I think the vast majority of league 1&2 clubs should not be part of the nations "professional" football league. 

I just hope this next season our kids come out unscathed of major career threatening injuries and somehow improve themselves.

Not sure our youths would be ready for Championship football to be honest.

Thats ridiculous. We have plenty boys (like the two you named) who simply aren't ready to play at that level yet. Had they not gone out on loan they'd have played minimal foot over the last year. Moving forward, the club firmly believes playing competitive football between 16-21 is far more important than playing youth football. Playing at L1/L2 or below will do far more for them than playing games with no consequence against equally inexperienced kids in front of their maw and da. 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be fair, probably not.

How many times did the colts play against teams like this in the cup?

They will play against them about 30 times more next season. So with more games, comes a higher risk.

Disclaimer : I have absolutely no idea if the players in these leagues are statistically more likely to do injuries like this, or if that is a bit of a red herring.

So how would that risk be reduced when players like Charlie Lindsay were regularly playing at that level while out on loan at Brechin? 

Just now, The Dude said:

Thats ridiculous. We have plenty boys (like the two you named) who simply aren't ready to play at that level yet. Had they not gone out on loan they'd have played minimal foot over the last year. Moving forward, the club firmly believes playing competitive football between 16-21 is far more important than playing youth football. Playing at L1/L2 or below will do far more for them than playing games with no consequence against equally inexperienced kids in front of their maw and da. 

I'm just of the opinion League 1&2 shouldn't exist in our league setup.

Make the youth games upto u18 level more consequential. Have relegation, promotion, fans inside, bring back the 3 over 18 rule etc. Theres ways to make the youth football better 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So how would that risk be reduced when players like Charlie Lindsay were regularly playing at that level while out on loan at Brechin? 

Brechin are in League 2 right? So that is a higher level than Lowland.

The assumption is that the lower down the leagues you go, the more likely you are to have big oafs snapping cunts legs.

No idea if this is true or not, actually I doubt it as the increased thuggery would probably be offset by the reducing pace.

Just to be clear, im not arguing this as my own view point. I doubt there is much of an increased risk if any.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Make the youth games upto u18 level more consequential. Have relegation, promotion, fans inside, bring back the 3 over 18 rule etc. Theres ways to make the youth football better 

Whether they are part of the SPFL or not, they would still be a part of the league pyramid. 

The three youth players in the squad was pointless and hated by clubs as it simply saw them rush players through to meet a quota.

There already are fans inside, promotion and relegation has been tried (and failed badly) and none of those provide the players the opportunity to play competitive games against experienced players. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ironically enough, a part-time club. 

Don't have an issue with a part time club if its run right and the quality is right. Arbroath stay part time but have quality players who could easily play full time, Tam O'Brien for example. Hence why Arbroath are in the championship.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

You're still not dealing with the problem with youth football though. It's against other youths. The whole preparation is them playing against actual hardened pros who know the tricks of the game and are much more physically matured.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Brechin are in League 2 right? So that is a higher level than Lowland.

The assumption is that the lower down the leagues you go, the more likely you are to have big oafs snapping cunts legs.

No idea if this is true or not, actually I doubt it as the increased thuggery would probably be offset by the reducing pace.

Just to be clear, im not arguing this as my own view point. I doubt there is much of an increased risk if any.

Rock arse bottom of L2 and likely to be in the Highland league next season. The difference from L2 to LL/HL is negligible. 

Don't have an issue with a part time club if its run right and the quality is right. Arbroath stay part time but have quality players who could easily play full time, Tam O'Brien for example. Hence why Arbroath are in the championship.

You were moaning about our players playing against part time labourers just a few posts ago.