P.O.Y.

3 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Goldson for me.... He has played every single game... scored some good goals including a double against the scum... marshalled the defence superbly all year... maintained his levels throughout the season... 

Davis a close second but wasnt as consistent which is very understandable given his age and the international games he played.

Tav played half the season really, incredible half season but half, none-the-less

McGregor is the last line of defence and as such excelled only when everything else had been breached, always a great quality for a Rangers keeper. I imagine he faced the fewest shots in the league and although he is invaluable to us I still think Goldson edges him

He’s played 31 league games. :lol:

McGregor has been excellent but I would be slightly irked if a keeper was to win our POTY, nor do I think he has actually saved us that often due to the quality of our defense. In the league he has had a lot of very quiet games.  I think as much a case could have been made for Kent as him. 

Would go Davis, he is incredibly influential to the absolute control we have had over, pretty much all but a few games in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Played more games than McGregor across the season and in the league. 

It shows how underrated McLaughlin is, really. He played the first 9 or 10 games of the (league) season and yet there wasn't any noticeable difference.

Any one out of the four would be a worthy winner, in my opinion. That said, I'd be inclined to give it to McGregor, personally.  Especially at his age, for him to be able to stand around scratching his bollox for 89 minutes and then when called upon pull of a worldie tips the balance for me.

7 hours ago, LaaRFC said:

Will be no complaints from me whoever wins it. But Tav is part of the back 4 that has conceded so few goals as well as being involved in so many goals for us, so gets my vote. 

We play with a back three as Tav is normally still roaming about up front. Has scored some good goals, always welcome. But has missed a large chunk of the season.

A difficult one but Davis for me. He is strolling games!

If we were judging up to Xmas then Tav would be runaway winner but he's unfortunately be out for so long that I'd discount him for POTY.

McGregor we probably take too much so granted. He's had a fantastic season but it'd prefer an outfield player won it.

Davis has had a great season, probably played more games than we planned due to injuries, but he's been consistent throughout. Definitely would be a worthy winner.

But i'd give it to Goldson. Played every minute of every game, he's been the player who has improved the most this season. He's cut out the daft errors, improved his long passing game and become more efficient in the air in both boxes. A well deserved POTY.

McGregor has been magnificent this season, especially at crucial times.

Goldson for me is the rock we have built our success on. 

Shame Tavernier got injured as his stats again were magnificent and would have pushed hard for player of the year. 

Davis ? Enormous respect, got better and better as season progressed. 

Morelos ? Deserves it for his consistent optimism, cheeriness and piss taking of Brown, and that goal.

Okay, that's me narrowed it down to five, so happy days indeed.

(Spoiler, it's Goldson for me,) 

I was all for Tavs earlier in the season but have changed my mind to Greegs. I have to replay a lot of his saves to see how he manages them. Probably his best season in a Rangers jersey. 

Still a couple of games to go though. It's so close that any of the other players could steal it. Tavs getting a hatrick against the sheep would be nice. 

On 06/05/2021 at 15:37, Bronzy said:

It shows how underrated McLaughlin is, really. He played the first 9 or 10 games of the (league) season and yet there wasn't any noticeable difference.

It’s easy to forget what a good job he did at the start of the season, and I would certainly feel more than comfortable any games he’s playing. However I think in the big games, and big moments the saves Mcgregor has made probably wouldn’t have been made by McLaughlin or indeed any other keeper in Scotland. That’s why for me Shagger is poty simply because he’s won us points on his own in way I don’t think anyone else could.

Take nothing away from McLaughlin though, and we’re very lucky in a position so important we’ve got two keepers we can trust 100%.

On 06/05/2021 at 15:37, Bronzy said:

McLaughlin wouldn't have made the worldies Greegs had.  I can say this as I think Scotland would have had nine points if McGregor was in nets.  Marshall let a couple of goals in that McGregor would have saved.