Which of the four players would we miss the most?

GOAT

Which of the four would you miss the most?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the four would you miss the most?

• Goldson
    • Shagger
    • Davis
    • Tav

McGregor for me not only has he pulled off some magnificent saves domestically and in Europe but he's always talking to his defence organizing them letting them know when they are wrong. Great player.

Not sure why but I considered age when I thought about this. Perhaps because we are very close to finding out what life is like after Davis and shagger?

As others have pointed out Jon McLaughlin was a very able deputy to McGregor at the start of this season and I wonder how much different our league campaign would have been if he had been between the sticks instead? People saying good goalkeepers are hard to find, good center halves don’t grow on trees either, we have struggled for years to pick them up. There was a time Lee McCulloch was playing in there. (Or even Rob Kiernan)

I voted for Goldson as POTY and I think he would be the hardest to replace. 

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Not sure why but I considered age when I thought about this. Perhaps because we are very close to finding out what life is like after Davis and shagger?

As others have pointed out Jon McLaughlin was a very able deputy to McGregor at the start of this season and I wonder how much different our league campaign would have been if he had been between the sticks instead? People saying good goalkeepers are hard to find, good center halves don’t grow on trees either, we have struggled for years to pick them up. There was a time Lee McCulloch was playing in there. (Or even Rob Kiernan)

I voted for Goldson as POTY and I think he would be the hardest to replace. 

As much as JM is more than an able deputy McGregor is on a different level. It has got to the point us fans expect him to pull out saves that for other keepers would be the exception and not the norm.

I selected Shagger as the hardest to replace .Simply because he’s the closest to a genuine world class player we have just now .

Player of the year for me is Goldson .He could possibly end up being the hardest to replace though .He’s the youngest in that poll and could easily have his best still to come .

14 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Who would we miss the most ? Not one of those 4 we would not miss.

McLaughlin and Patterson in the starting XI would not upset me in the slightest so, for me, I guess it's Goldson or Davis. I think that Goldson just shades it.

Utter nonsense.

On 06/05/2021 at 18:54, GOAT said:

For me that should answer who the player of the year should be.  You can 100% notice the difference in the middle of the park when Davis doesn’t play.  But for me, I reckon out of everyone we’d 110% miss Goldson out of the four. 

so the polls not who you think POTY should be I’m asking who do you think we’d miss most.

That’s not really a sensible basis for measuring POTY, many people will think Tav won’t be so missed as we have an excellent replacement.

POY for me is Tav, the important crucial part of the season was August to January as that set the narrative and broke our rivals. tav   Was immense in this period and I believe drove the success more than any other.

a legend

McGregor. 

The amount of times this season he has pulled a save out of the top drawer then we go up the other end of the park and go a goal up.

Not only is he a quality keeper he has that winning mentality and if he's not happy he will let you know about it and that's hard to replace.

Think he's the closest we have to a genuine world class player in our entire squad.

I love McGregor etc and so on, but there has been a far, far higher % of games this season when we haven't had to depend on him than we have had to, it is a handful of games domestically rather than often, we have went through a load of games this year in third gear.

He is great at being a great Rangers keeper in that he can be quiet in games have little to do and make a save when called upon but I'm not convinced at all this season has solely hinged on us having an excellent keeper. 

More inclined to say Davis or Goldson this season, they have been far more pivotal in our defensive strength in Goldson and just absolute control over most games driven by Davis. 

I would have Morelos as the biggest miss over the 4 of them.

For me without doubt Goldson, the other guys obviously have there value already to the team and some if not most will say shagger due to crucial saves but I dont think  that's the difference between us winning the league or not.....thats down to stopping them getting to shagger first and that is the big man at the back.

Would we have won the league without shagger, no doubt about it as I don't believe he's the reason for a 23 point gap.