Tav on Twitch

39 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah I get people gaming, what I don't get is weirdos who sit and watch other folk play a computer. Like sitting watching someone watching a film to see their reaction. 

I find it strange as fuck 

Or watching people play football when you could have a game in your garden, or down the park.

voltago, radlord and DaleFo8 like this

34 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Or watching people play football when you could have a game in your garden, or down the park.

If you like to watch random guys play the PlayStation that's cool. 

I don't think that's the same thing as watching Rangers but hey ho.

TheFamousPigeon likes this

50 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah I get people gaming, what I don't get is weirdos who sit and watch other folk play a computer. Like sitting watching someone watching a film to see their reaction. 

There's lots of reasons. Let me just pre-face this by saying I don't watch twitch or even subscribe to gaming YouTubers.

The community aspect is a big draw.. From that point of view it's no different than being on a football forum. People can potentially interact with thousands of other like minded individuals like you are doing on here.

Others use it as a means to find new games to play... What better way to find out if a games for you by going online and watching someone play it live? Allowing you to ask questions etc in real time. No fancy editted trailers or reviews.

Then you've got others who can't afford/don't have the latest games or consoles to play the game themselves. 

Most streamers have something about them to make people watch.. similar to why people listen to podcasts or have favourite TV presenters etc. Humour or just interesting stories or conversation on a variety of different subjects.

Then you've got the skill based streamers.. some people just enjoy watching others play games at a far higher standard than can themselves. Either for entertainment or to learn how to be better themselves.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make other people weirdos or wrong. 

radlord, Raligt and Malkytfp1 like this

9 minutes ago, Iakona said:

There's lots of reasons. Let me just pre-face this by saying I don't watch twitch or even subscribe to gaming YouTubers.

The community aspect is a big draw.. From that point of view it's no different than being on a football forum. People can potentially interact with thousands of other like minded individuals like you are doing on here.

Others use it as a means to find new games to play... What better way to find out if a games for you by going online and watching someone play it live? Allowing you to ask questions etc in real time. No fancy editted trailers or reviews.

Then you've got others who can't afford/don't have the latest games or consoles to play the game themselves. 

Most streamers have something about them to make people watch.. similar to why people listen to podcasts or have favourite TV presenters etc. Humour or just interesting stories or conversation on a variety of different subjects.

Then you've got the skill based streamers.. some people just enjoy watching others play games at a far higher standard than can themselves. Either for entertainment or to learn how to be better themselves.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make other people weirdos or wrong. 

I think they are weirdos, it's just my opinion. No one has to accept it or anything. 

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I think they are weirdos, it's just my opinion. No one has to accept it or anything. 

That's cool.. I just remember when the older generation thought we were weirdos and "poofs" for posting on football forums with fake names instead of being down the pub. They didn't know what they were talking about either...

Times are a changing grandpa.

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Have it on good authority that you used to watch VHS of Richard Gough playing Duck Hunt on the Nintendo

Iakona likes this

I get it. I do it but get bored after about 5 minutes. It's kinda like being a bit closer to your heroes a wee bit off the pitch. I actually live streamed myself on twitch playing through the resident evil game and my mate in New Zealand watched with a couple others. Live streamed a few nights as well where me and some mates played warzone or Apex or something with a few beers. Just a laugh I suppose and each to their own. Can understand people thinking it's a bit weird but we live in a weird time and place. Apparently guys can become girls noo.

Don’t particularly watch much anymore but boy a was pals with growing up does it on Facebook/Twitch so free I try watch him when he’s live. 

It’s not bad if you’re actually interest in the game or like the person streaming. 

On 07/05/2021 at 18:38, The Godfather said:

I'm not into it myself, but I'd have to disagree. Some people enjoy watching certain games be played by people who are very good at that game and can give an illustrative (subjective, I know) commentary while doing so.

I don't see it as any less relevant a pastime than watching 22 men hoof a ball around a pitch.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Ryan Kent bought 2 crocodiles. Got a zoo in his garden. Some of these stories :lol:

Aye, buying folk snakes and hamsters for secret Santa.

esquire8 likes this

On 07/05/2021 at 15:22, Moody Blue Legend said:

Glad I haven’t a scooby what’s going on here.  I did have a cousin who had a terrible twitch in his younger days.  Uncle beat it out him which was nice.

On 07/05/2021 at 19:47, Moody Blue said:

image.thumb.gif.c00e6abadcff69e4d3976f289f945c8c.gif

Along with the Twitchard Gough post.....i'm howling. :mutley: