Gustavo Hamer

Raligt

48 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Our model now is to sign younger, talented players, develop them and then sell them on. He fits that profile perfectly.

He'd have said the same with Aribo, Morelos and the likes. 

We are not going to be signing ready made stars, those days are long gone. 

2 hours ago, Peter Pan Fan said:

How many times have you seen him play

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

A few 

At least it's not like some posters who claim to have watched X, y and Z player when we are linked to all sorts of players in the transfer window. Honestly you get guys claiming to have watched the Slovak league or the likes week in week out😃

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Our model now is to sign younger, talented players, develop them and then sell them on. He fits that profile perfectly.

As long as our starting 11 doesn't get weaker though, projects are good if they dont impact the dominance of the starting 11, if we sell kamara for example, replacing him with a project imo is a dangerous game,

Only player I really dont want to see a so called project come in for is a central defensive midfielder. 

With  Oforborh we already have one of those and experience  really does make a difference in this position helping to make the right decisions often in a split second.

If we are spending money would rather it was here.

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

As long as our starting 11 doesn't get weaker though, projects are good if they dont impact the dominance of the starting 11, if we sell kamara for example, replacing him with a project imo is a dangerous game,

Unfortunately, to generate the money we need, we have to sell our better players. No-one is going to be offering big money for squad players.

The hope is that by the time the Kamaras are ready to be sold, the other project players have improved enough around the team to make the team to see the squad still being strong. Possibly not in Kamaras position, but overall in the strength of squad.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Unfortunately, to generate the money we need, we have to sell our better players. No-one is going to be offering big money for squad players.

The hope is that by the time the Kamaras are ready to be sold, the other project players have improved enough around the team to make the team to see the squad still being strong. Possibly not in Kamaras position, but overall in the strength of squad.

Thats what i mean, if we replace the likes of kamara with a project this summer we could struggle, if this hamer guy is a project then we'll need to give him a season at least, and if kamara is sold for example we need a ready to go replacement 

16 hours ago, badjon said:

At least it's not like some posters who claim to have watched X, y and Z player when we are linked to all sorts of players in the transfer window. Honestly you get guys claiming to have watched the Slovak league or the likes week in week out😃

I'd rather watch the Slovak league than one with Windass in it. 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats what i mean, if we replace the likes of kamara with a project this summer we could struggle, if this hamer guy is a project then we'll need to give him a season at least, and if kamara is sold for example we need a ready to go replacement 

I dunno, I think next year could be a massive year for Aribo for instance. Although he has had his critics this year, I think there is a top player in there.

If Kamara was to be sold for big money, then I would fancy Aribo to step up and have a blinding season and fill that void, with Hamer then becoming the follow on project after Aribo.

The problem is having faith in guys like Aribo to step up and become the main man. This is what this model requires, and it will always be seen to be a bit of a risk. If it works, it gets you both success and lots of money. If it fails, it could be a bit of a disaster. Just comes down to hoping the guys at the club know what they are doing!

7 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Only player I really dont want to see a so called project come in for is a central defensive midfielder. 

With  Oforborh we already have one of those and experience  really does make a difference in this position helping to make the right decisions often in a split second.

If we are spending money would rather it was here.

Crucial, a midfield enforcer, probably British, who can grab his team mates to fight in Cups for ex for St Mirrens, St Johnstones...