***The Official Trophy Day Celebrations Thread***

7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Vast majority of polis where brand new mate a few like a few of our fans let them down imo 

Being the biggest supported club in Scotland who’s fan base touches all sections of society, it stands to reason that small sections of that support unfortunately will let us down on occasion just like any other teams fan base anywhere in the world. There is also a group who have most likely never been to Ibrox in their lives and just tag on to the occasion causing bother as any negativity has no consequence to them.

Difference with us at the moment though is here is there has, and continues to be a dark narrative cast collectively over the club (by individuals with a platform to do so) for either political, bigoted or just plain old jealousy reasons. 

Was expecting all negative events from yesterday magnified but it won’t take the gloss of the phenomenal achievement of Gerrard and the team in an exceptional season...

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

That video doing the rounds, look where I marked from 5 seconds in. This needs context, were the fans stopped from entering George Square while celebrations were going on? We're police heavy handed like what I marked? 1542987870_Screenshot_20210516-0950482.thumb.png.9f916d82ca5cb83b37654d91ce0f90b1.png

If you left after a certain point you weren’t getting back in

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

It's the same people based on what? What research has Ross conducted that allows him to make this conclusion?

Has Ross condemned the violence against police at the Palestine march in London today? What about the violence against police in Bristol a few months back?

Isn't is odd that, when the cause is right, any violence between civilians and police is caused by overzelous, heavy handed policing on behalf of a thug state, but when the cause isn't right the civilians are knuckle dragging animals who are attacking our brave frontline staff just trying to do a job.

I have no problem criticising folk being clowns, which a minority of our support undoubtedly were yesterday, its the selective outrage for political expedience and the subsequent gaslighting I cannot abide. 

Yeah people are nuanced when talking about other groups. Things are allowed to be multi-faceted. But we all know that anyone that isn't a Rangers fan is going to pounce on any chance to define us all by the actions of a few in the simplest way they can. Whereas in other instances the same folk will be at pains to avoid doing that.

FaScIsTs oN ThE StReEtS oF gLaSgOw.

That all said, I hate those few vermin causing that kind of bother in our name with a passion. Scum and I'm glad most of us are condemning them 

1 hour ago, Bristol loyal said:

In large crowds your always going to get some arseholes, no matter what the occasion or cause. From everything I’ve seen and read it seems a very small minority who were acting like pricks, 99% simply celebrating in good spirits. Unfortunately we all know what the media and snp are going to focus on.

If this season had gone differently, and the taigs had won 10iar, does anyone honestly think it would have been any different? They would have had thousands out, they would have had their share of the arseholes as we’ve seen on countless occasions despite it being swept under the carpet. Only thing that would be different would be the reaction of snp politicians and supporters and the media.

Fuck the haters, well done to the 99% who did our club proud yesterday. We showed why we’re the best fans in the world. Hope everyone had a fantastic day wherever they were, and here’s to many more to come!

This is a good post and while we would have preferred the wankers who caused any trouble had not done it, the 99% who were just there to enjoy 55 and celebrate do not deserve to be included. We do not even know if they were all Rangers fans. 

We just have to suck up the condemnation for a day or two from people who hate what most of stand for and then just keep smiling for the rest of the summer at the joy of winning 55, the haters who hate us can gtf.   :cup:

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Sing IRA songs and kid on they're all militant provos wearing the same bogging khaki jackets yet were all hiding under the covers yesterday and now crying on social media about broken glass all over Glasgow :lol:

Twitters full of them 😂, I’d fear for my life going out in a Celtic top now, the wee Green Brigade fannys have acted the plastic hard man for years and have now been firmly been put back in their place. Hope this has opened a lot of people’s eyes in government as well we’re taking our country back bit by bit 

16 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Twitters full of them 😂, I’d fear for my life going out in a Celtic top now, the wee Green Brigade fannys have acted the plastic hard man for years and have now been firmly been put back in their place. Hope this has opened a lot of people’s eyes in government as well we’re taking our country back bit by bit 

They will be out in force today waving plasticine flags with the gb loves hamas banners. 

Hope they take some brushes to clean up the sectarian glass.