***The Official Trophy Day Celebrations Thread***

I just woke up to see the scenes where items are being thrown at the police etc. Utterly embarrassing and even being reported down here in London.

We were wrongly castigated for George Square a few months ago where some benches were broken (then fixed). This time we have no excuse. Appalling that some of us feel they can behave in that manner. 

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I just woke up to see the scenes where items are being thrown at the police etc. Utterly embarrassing and even being reported down here in London.

We were wrongly castigated for George Square a few months ago where some benches were broken (then fixed). This time we have no excuse. Appalling that some of us feel they can behave in that manner. 

Some only go to these things to cause trouble. Singing the wrong words to every song shows they aren't big fans 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Its not at all.

Im just telling you focus on yer local area and the shocking scenes with the police there 

Ok, next time we win a title and some mindless neds once again sully Rangers reputation I’ll overlook it completely because I’m hundreds of miles away. Anyway, I’m not trying to derail this thread. Just making a point that I’m embarrassed by this behaviour and it does the team a disservice.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Some only go to these things to cause trouble. Singing the wrong words to every song shows they aren't big fans 

99.9% of these videos I’ve seen there’s not a Rangers top, scarf, flag or even colour to be seen. That pretty much sums up the type of person that’s getting involved in the bother, it’s because that’s what they’re there for and it has almost nothing to do with Rangers

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Yeah people are nuanced when talking about other groups. Things are allowed to be multi-faceted. But we all know that anyone that isn't a Rangers fan is going to pounce on any chance to define us all by the actions of a few in the simplest way they can. Whereas in other instances the same folk will be at pains to avoid doing that.

FaScIsTs oN ThE StReEtS oF gLaSgOw.

That all said, I hate those few vermin causing that kind of bother in our name with a passion. Scum and I'm glad most of us are condemning them 

Aye for sure. Football fans in general are fair game amongst the chattering classes, but up here, with the backdrop of Scottish Nationalism, it's a free for all on Rangers fans in particular and a lot of the dehumanising rhetoric has bred a climate where its OK to generalise. 

Totally agree on that last point. Wee fucking bams who have brought shame on a great day for the greatest club in the world. A minority who should be unequivocally condemned and hunted.

28 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

99.9% of these videos I’ve seen there’s not a Rangers top, scarf, flag or even colour to be seen. That pretty much sums up the type of person that’s getting involved in the bother, it’s because that’s what they’re there for and it has almost nothing to do with Rangers

Come on ffs.

Edit:. My bad I thought you were saying it wasn't Rangers fans as opposed to what you seem to have been saying. Sadly, they do still represent our name.

9 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Aye for sure. Football fans in general are fair game amongst the chattering classes, but up here, with the backdrop of Scottish Nationalism, it's a free for all on Rangers fans in particular and a lot of the dehumanising rhetoric has bred a climate where its OK to generalise. 

Totally agree on that last point. Wee fucking bams who have brought shame on a great day for the greatest club in the world. A minority who should be unequivocally condemned and hunted.

I’d guess there’ll be a team of polis right now sitting watching & listening to all the available footage & identifying those that need traced re their behaviour.  

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

You not getting what he's saying? He's not claiming they're not Rangers "fans"

But it doesn't matter what they have on they're there for one reason.

The big walks the same, possil and Springburn used to meet to fight each other ffs.

Thats nothing to do with the Orange Order 

Fair enough. I just seen it as those pesky Chelsea fans but I see what you mean now.

The wee fucking bams fighting are fucking cancerous to our club. Even worse are the fucking squares filming it and posting it online giving all our enemies all the ammo they need. In saying that, go to Sauchiehall street on any calendar Saturday night and you will see fights and 20 arrests. 

99.9% of our fans were excellent and showed the world what this title means. 

40 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Ok, next time we win a title and some mindless neds once again sully Rangers reputation I’ll overlook it completely because I’m hundreds of miles away. Anyway, I’m not trying to derail this thread. Just making a point that I’m embarrassed by this behaviour and it does the team a disservice.

Did you do anything to feel embarrassed about ?