***The Official Trophy Day Celebrations Thread***

10 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Radio Clyde news, STV app all going full pelt on the clear up/repair costs at George Square. 
Expecting more of the same on tea time tv news.  

Thank fuck we won the league. Imagine what it would’ve cost the cunts if the tarriers won it. Should think themselves lucky. 😉

I'm very ticked off with the demonisation of our support in general.
Your neighbour kicks your dog every day for nine years, and it eventually bites back.
Regardless of whether the outcome is proportionate, you have to expect a reaction.
Some of the folk who attach themselves to our club need a lesson in humility and manners.
But if our neighbours had managed to win the title, the end game would have been the same.
Like their misbehaviour over the last 12 months, Gallowgate, Parkhead, but on a bigger scale.
The 'authorities' and the media act as though the outcome was a surprise.
These folks are unwilling and incapable of addressing deep-rooted societal problems.
They'll ignore similar acts at public parks, festivals, and Sauchiehall Street every weekend.
Because it's easier to find a convenient scapegoat, and marginalise a large section of society.
Rather than do anything that may upset their support.
Worrying times.

16 minutes ago, Electric Soup said:

I'm very ticked off with the demonisation of our support in general.
Your neighbour kicks your dog every day for nine years, and it eventually bites back.
Regardless of whether the outcome is proportionate, you have to expect a reaction.
Some of the folk who attach themselves to our club need a lesson in humility and manners.
But if our neighbours had managed to win the title, the end game would have been the same.
Like their misbehaviour over the last 12 months, Gallowgate, Parkhead, but on a bigger scale.
The 'authorities' and the media act as though the outcome was a surprise.
These folks are unwilling and incapable of addressing deep-rooted societal problems.
They'll ignore similar acts at public parks, festivals, and Sauchiehall Street every weekend.
Because it's easier to find a convenient scapegoat, and marginalise a large section of society.
Rather than do anything that may upset their support.
Worrying times.

That's a lot of sentences without a paragraph mate.

4 hours ago, beararse said:

The average salary for a street cleaner in the UK is £17,500 (ie  £9.61 per hour for a 35 hour week). So, £58k would equate to 83 street cleaners on treble time doing 24 hours shifts.

In other words, they’re making it up.

That certainly puts it in context I would say. :thumbsup: 

9 hours ago, Dickie said:

Bill for square repairs now at £60k and rising,80 cleansing workers took 24 hours to clean up the mess,strange this when Palestinian crew were in the square on the Sunday and no sign of workers or damage. 

I walked through George square at 5pm the next day it had been cleaned up bar one broken bottle i’d seen, be funny as fuck if this was the straw that broke the camels back and they got investigated for misappropriation of funds finally