Gerrard: Press Conference

Virtuoso

52 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

King did a great deal for our club. 

But the best was bringing in Gerrard. Every time he speaks he makes me proud. Thoughtful, incisive, and swats away the irrelevant questions from the tabloids.

It certainly was - Dave is to be praised highly for that. 4th time lucky 👍

28 minutes ago, left winger said:

It certainly was - Dave is to be praised highly for that. 4th time lucky 👍

I shall speak in his defense. Warburton and Pedro were more or less board appointments. Murty was always to be stand in. King, himself, spoke to Gerrard and liked what the man had to say so he ignored (or convinced) the board he had left behind that this appointment was a good move.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Unless I'm missing something then I have no idea what Gerrard is on about Q3 or Q4.

As far as I'm aware we are set in stone for Q3.

Should Chelsea win CL and finish in the top 4 the Turkish champions switch from Q4 straight into the group stage, Danish champions jump from Q3 to Q4. Slavia jump from Q2 to Q3 and Olympiakos/RSB jump from Q1 to Q2.

If Man United win the EL it's the 'league route' that is altered.

Seems that way to me as well. But I assume that our manager has his own sources which suggest otherwise.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Unless I'm missing something then I have no idea what Gerrard is on about Q3 or Q4.

As far as I'm aware we are set in stone for Q3.

Should Chelsea win CL and finish in the top 4 the Turkish champions switch from Q4 straight into the group stage, Danish champions jump from Q3 to Q4. Slavia jump from Q2 to Q3 and Olympiakos/RSB jump from Q1 to Q2.

If Man United win the EL it's the 'league route' that is altered.

If UEFA use this year's access list it'll be Q4 if it's back to last year it'll be round 3

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Would we not have a Play Offs round after that?

Am sure that's the play off round mate. Qualifying rounds 1-3 then play off. 

If we go into play off it'll be 2 games round 3  4 games

He mentions the games we need to play 

26 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Seems excited to work with Sakala.. but no mention of the other boy from Bournemouth that signed a pre contract doesn't fill me with much hope.

Can we not write the guy off two months before he’s even travelled to Glasgow just because Gerrard didn’t refer to him in a press conference

From FF

Are the club basing it on the 20/21 access list where the UCL and EL holder slots weren't used so nation 14 (currently Scotland in 21/22 access list) were bumped to QR4?

That would mean unless Villarreal win the Europa League then that would happen again assuming Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd finish top 4 in Premier League?

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

Can we not write the guy off two months before he’s even travelled to Glasgow just because Gerrard didn’t refer to him in a press conference

Not writing him off, just weird that Gerrard wouldn't mention him, and not great for the boys confidence if he hasn't mentioned him 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

From FF

Are the club basing it on the 20/21 access list where the UCL and EL holder slots weren't used so nation 14 (currently Scotland in 21/22 access list) were bumped to QR4?

That would mean unless Villarreal win the Europa League then that would happen again assuming Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd finish top 4 in Premier League?

Fuck, does that mean we have to hope Man Utd win the Europa League.