Sir Alex discusses Rangers

55 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He really rated Gerrard as a player. In his Soccerbox interview with Gerrard Gary Neville talks about how SAF always had a plan for him because he was worried what he could do to them.

He said in his book that Gerrard wasn’t a top, top player or something like that. 

8 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

My dad knew him as well, said he was a cunt 

I've never heard players like Beckham or Scholes or big Eck say a bad word about him, even Walter worked with him but @ForeverAndEver calls him a knob so he must be. Hilarious.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of his but I don't see a reason to slander him either. He made success in the game by being his own man.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've never heard players like Beckham or Scholes or big Eck say a bad word about him, even Walter worked with him but @ForeverAndEver calls him a knob so he must be. Hilarious.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of his but I don't see a reason to slander him either. He made success in the game by being his own man.

Beckham tried to attack him.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

:lol: Jesus Christ 

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Lots of his Aberdeen squad didn’t like him, felt used and that he didn’t look out for them financially. Were Made to play through injury or else and it shortened many of their careers at the top 

if you were of use to him and no threat you were fine, as soon as yo7 had an opinion different from him didn’t want to know 

14 minutes ago, Copeland1983 said:

Even the greats get it wrong from time to time.

His assertion that Phil Jones could potentially go on to be Man UTD's greatest ever player is the most hilariously off the mark prediction I think I've ever heard in football.  

Phil Jones was fucking outstanding in his first season at Man Utd tbf. Capello said he was as good as Hierro and Baresi at the time.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Phil Jones was fucking outstanding in his first season at Man Utd tbf. Capello said he was as good as Hierro and Baresi at the time.

Aye? Fucking hell thats quite a steep cliff he's fallen off. He never looked that level whenever I saw him, I always felt they got overexcited with the Duncan Edwards similarities because of his athleticism.  Easier in hindsight right enough, and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there is a slight chance Fabio Capello and Ferguson might be a better judge of a player than I am.

3 minutes ago, Copeland1983 said:

Aye? Fucking hell thats quite a steep cliff he's fallen off. He never looked that level whenever I saw him, I always felt they got overexcited with the Duncan Edwards similarities because of his athleticism.  Easier in hindsight right enough, and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there is a slight chance Fabio Capello and Ferguson might be a better judge of a player than I am.

Honestly mate he got some amount of praise that first season when he came from Blackburn. He then he got injured during Fergie's last season and he hasn't really been the same since.

Tom Cleverley was another one who looked like a world beater at the beginning of that season and also got injured.

The telling thing for me is that his son supports celtic. I support Rangers because a relative of mine was engaged to a Rangers player. If my father played for Rangers I could never support them, mother obviously had a lot of influence. As a teenager I travelled home and away every week and there were 4 of us and 2 of them were Catholuc. Very rare buy both came from families where their dads were Rangers daft and had married a Catholic. Sons brought up Catholic but followed he football allegencies of their dad.