Sir Alex discusses Rangers

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm sure he said he only managed four world class players himself at Man Utd. 

Saying he wasn't a top player doesn't mean he didn't rate him.

Yeah that’s true enough actually. Obviously just has a ridiculously high standard although I’d say he’s being overly harsh. 

Would say Rooney, Schmeichel, Beckham, Keane, Ferdinand, Vidic were all comfortably world class.

4 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, nothing he says is wrong.

He has never claimed to be a superfan, he is not two faced in that regard. His club is Man Utd, and he will rightfully go down as one of if not the greatest manager of all time.

He is right, its no-ones fucking business who someone chooses to marry and that question was out of line. We as a club have rightfully moved on.

He obviously rates the job Gerrard is doing and that is massive praise. 

Very easy to judge the past on today’s standards .

There was never religion issues from my parents growing up .They both had RC mother’s ,Prod fathers .But can still remember them both describe certain folk as having “fenian faces” and even in the 70s “mixed marriage “ was something they used to comment about on certain families .

21 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Yeah that’s true enough actually. Obviously just has a ridiculously high standard although I’d say he’s being overly harsh. 

Would say Rooney, Schmeichel, Beckham, Keane, Ferdinand, Vidic were all comfortably world class.

I'd add van der Sar and Stam to that list as well. Van Nistelrooy? One of the best strikers in the world at the time.

Pique, Barthez, Forlan, Veron and Blanc were all world class, but not while at Man Utd. Weirdly all of them bar Pique played in the same side at one point.

Dennis Irwin is a hard one. Unfashionable, probably not quite world class, but an utterly brilliant player who probably could have slotted into any side in the world at RB or LB and played 7/10 every week.

24 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'd add van der Sar and Stam to that list as well. Van Nistelrooy? One of the best strikers in the world at the time.

Pique, Barthez, Forlan, Veron and Blanc were all world class, but not while at Man Utd. Weirdly all of them bar Pique played in the same side at one point.

Dennis Irwin is a hard one. Unfashionable, probably not quite world class, but an utterly brilliant player who probably could have slotted into any side in the world at RB or LB and played 7/10 every week.

Aye van Nistelrooy and van der Sar were definitely world class. Evra as well.

Yeah Irwin and Neville were superb full backs. Neville’s crossing and his partnership with Beckham down the right contributed so many assists. Loved that team when I was younger and before I started to dislike Man Utd.

15 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

Didn’t think of his wife when he was fucking about at St. Mirren, which led to him getting his books. Not a well known fact but my Mum worked at the solicitors that drew up the papers. 

Only interested in us when we play “them”, yet endless stories about how he was in the dressing room after the lesson we gave Leeds?  He is no fan of ours, end of.  That doesn’t diminish his achievements at Man U but he has minimal connection with us and is mainly to blame for the hatred with Aberdeen as he fostered that once he went there. 

whats this story mate?

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

got to add ronaldo to that list. and Scholes. ridiculous to not include them 2 IMO

26 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They were part of the four Ferguson named as his ‘world class’ players along with Cantona and Giggs. We were talking about players he didn’t feel made that cut.

ah fair play, tbf didn't read who he'd named. totally agree with most of the mentioned players then

2 hours ago, stevemac said:

whats this story mate?

Playing about with someone in the office so St Mirren sacked him on misconduct but not disclosed. 

Later rumours he was seeing Clare Tomlinson at SSN so I often find it amusing the story about his Mrs issues with Rangers when he’s not whiter than white. 

31 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

The list of reasons why St Mirren sacked him for breach of conduct were all disclosed to an employment tribunal as a defence by St Mirren in relation to an unfair dismissal claim he took against them. 

One of the reasons was due to alleged behaviour towards his secretary. It was alleged that he had swore at her after he had asked her to make a payment to a player a certain way and she refused and took it up with the Chairman. 

18 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, nothing he says is wrong.

He has never claimed to be a superfan, he is not two faced in that regard. His club is Man Utd, and he will rightfully go down as one of if not the greatest manager of all time.

He is right, its no-ones fucking business who someone chooses to marry and that question was out of line. We as a club have rightfully moved on.

He obviously rates the job Gerrard is doing and that is massive praise. 

Agree with this completely. Also think, by the sounds of it, he was absolutely made a scapegoat for the cup final. Don't think people like hard truths about what went on at that time but there's no erasing it. 

14 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Agree with this completely. Also think, by the sounds of it, he was absolutely made a scapegoat for the cup final. Don't think people like hard truths about what went on at that time but there's no erasing it. 

A cheap hack has tried to emphasise a comment in order to distract from his praise for our manager because he is a bitter rodent. 

People still fall for this shit no matter how many times it happens. 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

This is where your own outlook comes into it.

No doubt the hack has the intentions you outline, but you can choose to focus on the negatives or the positives of it. I choose the latter.

I have huge respect for Ferguson, and I'm not going to allow some cheap hack to try and spin it so I see him as an enemy.

The club's views have rightly modernised with time. Fergie obviously has a liking for his boyhood club, but that has been surpassed by what he went on to create in his lifetimes legacy. This is about the one example I can see for someone legitimately changing their support from one club to another without it being open to ridicule.

Fergie is simply put, football royalty and for our manager to have his ear, and to have earned his respect and praise is a massive statement of where our club is heading.

You are right he is no longer a fan but he does have a fondness for us. Apart from the one guy who acted the cunt about his wife he hasn't really said anything bad about us. That was a personal issue and he had every right to be annoyed by it.

Some bitter tramp tries to put a slant on it to take the shine off our achievements this year and people are falling for it again. They never learn :lol:

I watched him as a player. Bang average.

Good manager however when given time to build a side. Cannot blame him at all for standing by his wife.

As several has said before it's all spin. Best ignored.

The fact that Gerrard has him on speed dial tells me all I need to know. 

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

Playing about with someone in the office so St Mirren sacked him on misconduct but not disclosed. 

Later rumours he was seeing Clare Tomlinson at SSN so I often find it amusing the story about his Mrs issues with Rangers when he’s not whiter than white. 

Was it not Bryan Robson that was banging her ?