New Pitch at Ibrox?

2 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Do we get a new pitch every season now ?

Yes, Rangers currently lay a new pitch at the beginning of every season.

I would imagine the club at this moment in time would be looking to install some-kind of hybrid pitch. (was a Hybird pitch not meant to be installed a few years ago!)

I think a hybrid pitch can last for approximately 8 years. could be longer if properly maintained,

Whilst i understand the initial investment would be significant, surely it would save some money in the long run.

2 minutes ago, JMac_88 said:

Yes, Rangers currently lay a new pitch at the beginning of every season.

I would imagine the club at this moment in time would be looking to install some-kind of hybrid pitch. (was a Hybird pitch not meant to be installed a few years ago!)

I think a hybrid pitch can last for approximately 8 years. could be longer if properly maintained,

Whilst i understand the initial investment would be significant, surely it would save some money in the long run.

We laid a hybrid pitch last summer. 

No Europa round 1 matches to be played this season which gives a bit more time to get the new pitch up to speed.

Improved drainage will help minimise water retention so I hope that is part of the plan. We can always flog the existing one. I remember that being done in the past. Help with costs.

The end game will be our most skillful players getting the kind of surface they can excel on.