Ali McCann

Anyone heard if we’re in for him at all?

Through family I know of someone who used to be part of their football ops, she’s adamant we’re in for Ali McCann and have already almost done the deal despite the Tim’s bumping their gums about him to the press. 

Funny if true, good wee player and someone who has a chance of developing into that Davis style player we’ll need to replace. 

25 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The fact that he’s one of the best young players in Scotland says more about the standards here than it does about how good he is. Kept an eye on him when we played them and was not impressed.

You hope signing like this make the step up. Some do some don't. Look at Wright. Some wrote him off due to his performances against us. 

I’d like to bring him in. He’s a long way off starting in our midfield but I think he’s got the potential to get there, with the right coaching, and that’s rare enough.

That said, the filth are going to have to replace half their squad this summer - with a half-baked scouting department - and it’ll be easiest and cheapest for them to do that with SPL players, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they go for McCann, Doig, and Campbell. 

27 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The fact that he’s one of the best young players in Scotland says more about the standards here than it does about how good he is. Kept an eye on him when we played them and was not impressed.

can be a multitude of reasons why someone might look shite when playing against us though, tactics, formation, coaching etc. If the management team can see a players ability in a poor team, they'll have the decision to make whether they'd flourish in a better team with better coaches and better players around them, a la scott wright, ryan jack etc.

Not really a matter of low risk or whatever. Our recruitment dept will look at his numbers, style and temperament and decide if he fits the bill, as with Wright. The likes of Wright and Kamara suggest we should trust them in that.

12 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

And cue the usual arguments we saw with Wright, who has turned out to be ok hasn't he? 

These signings are so low risk as @Creampuff says why not hoover up the Scottish talent? 

Just ok really. Only been able to force his way in to start a few games, and a few good subs appearances. Not exactly outstanding. 

Really think we need first 11 guaranteed starters recruited for midfield. 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Just ok really. Only been able to force his way in to start a few games, and a few good subs appearances. Not exactly outstanding. 

Really think we need first 11 guaranteed starters recruited for midfield. 

I think that would of been the plan. The main thing was to get get him up to speed, tactically, fitness and body weight ready for next season. 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Thought he was the best player on pitch in cup game tbh.

we need to be better at trading out dead wood players for up and coming young scottish talent though. I think the McCrorie deal is one of the first I can remember where we have managed to shift an out of favour player in exchange/part exchange for a player we are after.

Likes of Hastie, Barker, Stewart (too late now but) would all be fine players for a hibs or a StJ. clears deadwood and brings in young talent cheaper

The filth are meant to be looking at him as a replacement for lego muncher according to the press. Why would he want to move from cup winning St Johnstone to a shitty no-mark team who have won fuck all this season? :craphead:

He is young, Scottish and plays for Northern Ireland and looks a good prospect imo.

We defo need a box to box midfielder so would be a good punt imo. 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

No issue if it's a very cheap deal but can't see that happening since his contract runs out in 2023, the tarriers are after him and it is St Johnstone we are dealing with.

Our midfield needs major investment this summer and I'm not 100% sure if spending seven figures for him is worth it.

Could offer middleton as part of deal.

41 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Given he's from the good guy side in Ulster, would he go to them? Don't think they've ever had an Ulster good guy. Would he be up for any of that?

Edinburgh born. Looks a player.

The amount of good players that come through from Hutchie vale is quite staggering.