Stadiums

Which stadiums are your favourite ones?

My favourite foreign stadiums:

1) La Bombonera (The Chocolate Box), extremely steep stadium in Argentina. The home of the famous Boca Juniors, the former club of Maradona.
2) Estadio Azteca, the huge stadium in Mexico City which hosted two World Cup finals.
3) The home of Borussia Dortmund, with "The Yellow Wall", the impressive standing section.

Other foreign stadiums I love:

Saitama Stadium, Japan:

http://www.worldofstadiums.com/asia/japan/saitama-stadium-2002/

Yankee Stadium, USA:

http://www.worldofstadiums.com/north-america/united-states/new-york/yankee-stadium/

Parc des Princes, France:

http://www.worldofstadiums.com/europe/french-republic/parc-des-princes/

The San Siro is the best looking stadium next to Ibrox.

It's kind of a dump, but the best atmosphere I ever experienced in a stadium was at Partizan Stadium in a derby against Red Star Belgrade, so would have to throw that in there.

Amsterdam ArenA. Loved being there. Fans are superb.

Saint Denis. Went there as a kid just before 98 world cup when it was built. Taken back by how huge the place was.

The Municipal Stadium in Braga was the craziest looking one I've been to.

Olympiastadion before Bayern moved was a shite place to watch football, alot like Hampdump.

The Johan Cruyff ArenA first stadium with a retractable roof.

Marseilles Velodrome 

Dortsmunds  Westfalenstadion the yellow wall is pretty awesome

Goodison cause it reminds me of Ibrox a bit, same Architect I believe. 

And also Highbury always thought it looked cool as fuck with the clock, a classy place. No stadium beats ours though.

Hillsborough was fantastic a few years ago. Really felt like you were back in the 90s in some sections. 

Luton’s (name escapes me) is an absolute shithole. Away fans have to go through a terraced houses back garden to get in, Google it it’s something else. The stairwells literally go over peoples back yards. 

One I was most disappointed by was St James Park, atmosphere was horrendous and the big stand at the end is freezing because it’s about 5x bigger than the others, the wind rips through you. 

On 17/05/2021 at 15:58, plymouthranger said:

Hillsborough was fantastic a few years ago. Really felt like you were back in the 90s in some sections. 

Luton’s (name escapes me) is an absolute shithole. Away fans have to go through a terraced houses back garden to get in, Google it it’s something else. The stairwells literally go over peoples back yards. 

One I was most disappointed by was St James Park, atmosphere was horrendous and the big stand at the end is freezing because it’s about 5x bigger than the others, the wind rips through you. 

Luton....Kenilworth Road

On 17/05/2021 at 15:58, plymouthranger said:

The old St James' before the most recent renovation was amazing 

I did go when I was a boy during the entertainer years tho.