shagger

Best save ever- Sparta Prague. How the fuck he kept that out the net I dunno.

2nd best save- Samara's penalty.

Bremen one for me was 3rd best.

As Ive said before Goram probably had nearly as many great saves but because of the media available at the time it won't be remembered. However for me Shagger is our greatest keeper. I can't compare Woods because Im young enough not to remember, Klos was always in-between Goram and Shagger until this season.

The fact that he saved so much, yet never fucking touched it leaves me bewildered.

Folk talking about his saves this season (which are tremendous) but that save against Bremen....

Best I've ever seen. Don't even think the clips do it justice. In the moment I was certain it was in...

As for the Goram/McGregor debate...

Its difficult. Goram was unbelievable. Wouldn't have swapped him for anyone. I suppose memories can fade and as McGregor is the man doing it now... And in the modern era... You might choose him because you see him do it every week.

Goram edges it for me... But both are legends. Woods, Goram, Klos, McGregor and a few other decent ones I've not mentioned we've been a wee bit spoilt with goalies....

Outwith the banter years

5 hours ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

We've had the three best British keepers in the last 40 years. No need to rank them against each other imo :cheers:

Honestly never thought of it but I'm trying to think of who could challenge that...

David Seaman good goalie, possibly up there...

Thought Nigel Martyn was massively underrated.

Paul Robinson had a spell where he was really good... But then had a long spell where he was bad... So no where near it.

Joe Hart had a great spell.. but has been poor for about 5 years.

Craig Gordon decent but not as good as McGregor imo.

Leighton decent too but not as good as Goram.

Rob green, David James, David Marshall, Neil Sullivan, Roy Carroll, Tim Flowers, Ian Walker, Jack Butland, Chris Kirkland, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope, Scott Carson, Richard Wright, Fraser Forster and anyone else I've missed were absolutely no where near it.

I bet English football fans would disagree