Glad to hear the news Defoe is getting an extension. He provides so much to the club that doesn't just involve playing time. Even this year in his few cameos he has done his job and still got in amongst the goals.

As for Itten I've always been of the impression that he's part of a succession plan for when Morelos leaves us. Up top Morelos has been the one constant whether alone or with Roofe this season. If Itten is training well and was on the brink of getting in the team he probably wouldn't because how well Morelos has played all round this season.

When Morelos goes we will need different types of strikers that can fill different roles and I think both Itten and Defoe fall into that.

Whether Morelos or/and Itten were to leave we should always strive to have four strikers at the club.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was involved with some "behind the scenes" stuff with players over the last few years and there are no words to describe how much of a class act Mr Defoe is. When there is nobody there to see,

What a player. Absolute Rolls Royce of a striker. Listening to him after the game on Rangers TV, I get the feeling he is off after this. I would keep him for another year personally, but if

He’s getting a new 1 year deal. Will be announced in the next couple of days I believe 

Posted Images

You run out of great things to say about defoe....the lad clearly loves it here and the old saying is so true...you "cant buy experience " 

Looks like Graham has given that dafty CJNovo the drum set to beat about Defoe getting a new contract. Few tweets out of nowhere this morning wondering if he is getting a new contract.

Expect a announcement soon you would think.

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Looks like Graham has given that dafty CJNovo the drum set to beat about Defoe getting a new contract. Few tweets out of nowhere this morning wondering if he is getting a new contract.

Expect a announcement soon you would think.

You're a fucking dafty.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I wouldn't have an issue with Defoe staying and know I'm in the minority but I still maintain it's best for all parties if he moves on.

He wants to play and will make very limited appearances next season.

Even dropping his wages to £10K a week could be better used to paying a little bit extra to get our first choice targets in. Imagine a situation where we lost out on one of our main targets due to a difference of a few thousand £s per week in wages because our budget is cut £10K+ a week on a footballer who is not going to play much over the season.

Couldn't agree more.