Glasgow scenes shameful but 'othering' of Rangers fans equally troubling

The Dude

There was tens of thousands of people out celebrating. Steaming. It was inevitable. There will be faux outrage as usual for a few days then everyone will be onto the next drama and forget about it. It’s like it’s happened before or something. 

I thought that was a fair article. The obvious point of reference for me was the Hibs final, Nippy actually congratulated them but made no comment with regard to the behaviour of their fans.

I’d also say the “othering” of Rangers has been going on unchecked since the mid to later years of the Murray era. 

What’s the writers opinion on why the likes of that raging weirdo Graham Spiers are so quick to condemn us in such a way, that they’d never condemn others, namely celtic? And in journalistic circles, is this never questioned or called out? 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I said it on Twitter earlier. Why should I be embarrased by fuckwits acting like fuckwits? If it wasnt this, theyd have found another reason to act like cunts

Hate saying this but when the manky mob were partying in the city centre 2 year ago the vast majority of them would've been well behaved. 

The faux outrage is pathetic. 

20 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can guarantee those involved in disorder don't go Ibrox and if they weren't fighting with a Rangers top on they'd be doing it in their Saturday night sliders every weekend in the city centre, so spare all of us the own worst enemy shite. 

And tbh I could care less about how the media portray us, if you haven't yet grasped the fact that we're never going to get a fair crack of the whip regardless of our actions then you'll never learn. 

Spot on 👍🏻

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Rangers fans have been hammered this morning after shameful scenes in George Square saw police officers injured, a number of fans arrested and the need for an urgent clean-up job after litter and bottles were left strewn across the city centre landmark in shameful scenes that marred the celebrations – but the attempts at ‘othering’ the overwhelming majority of Rangers fans who had nothing to do with the trouble seen is equally as disturbing.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/glasgow-scenes-shameful-but-othering-of-rangers-fans-equally-troubling/

Folk should copy and paste that link as a reply to the social media woke hypocrites that use behaviour towards Rangers fans that they themselves criticise being used towards other groups.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Rangers fans have been hammered this morning after shameful scenes in George Square saw police officers injured, a number of fans arrested and the need for an urgent clean-up job after litter and bottles were left strewn across the city centre landmark in shameful scenes that marred the celebrations – but the attempts at ‘othering’ the overwhelming majority of Rangers fans who had nothing to do with the trouble seen is equally as disturbing.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/glasgow-scenes-shameful-but-othering-of-Rangers-fans-equally-troubling/

Superb article.

54 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I was, but sometimes it's easier to avoid the obvious comparison to avoid it simply being disregarded as whataboutery.

OK I get the whataboutery angle but some folk need the obvious laid on a plate in front of them before they engage their brains unfortunately so the incidents involving celtic supporters and the Kenmure Street protest would be valid comparisons.  I see where @BigBearButt and @BridgeisBlue are coming from but I don't know what the best, if any, strategy would be to stop our reputation being tarnished in future.

52 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hate saying this but when the manky mob were partying in the city centre 2 year ago the vast majority of them would've been well behaved. 

The faux outrage is pathetic. 

2 attempted murders in merchant city area by Tim on Tim didn’t happen then?