Glasgow scenes shameful but 'othering' of Rangers fans equally troubling

The Dude

20 hours ago, The Dude said:

I was, but sometimes it's easier to avoid the obvious comparison to avoid it simply being disregarded as whataboutery.

It's called getting your retaliation in before somecunt completely ignores what they have done.

57 minutes ago, five stars said:

Someone, maybe one of the fan's groups should make a complaint so that the police can be investigated for their handling of the celebrations.

In general, they seem to police mass gatherings reasonably well. I'm guessing the political pressure applied to the police force led them to make decisions they might not normally make.

it was political and we all know PS was created as a single force so krankie and her cohorts can pull the strings with no real checks and balances 

21 hours ago, The Dude said:

Rangers fans have been hammered this morning after shameful scenes in George Square saw police officers injured, a number of fans arrested and the need for an urgent clean-up job after litter and bottles were left strewn across the city centre landmark in shameful scenes that marred the celebrations – but the attempts at ‘othering’ the overwhelming majority of Rangers fans who had nothing to do with the trouble seen is equally as disturbing.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/glasgow-scenes-shameful-but-othering-of-Rangers-fans-equally-troubling/

You know what, for the past 24-48 hrs these are the exact thoughts going through my head. You’ve absolutely nailed it in this article. Excellent piece of Journalism! :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Inigo said:

They have a good thread on FF. Same stuff happened across Glasgow in May 2019. Fighting each other, attacking police, flares, bottles thrown, bloodied folk everywhere, the lot. Even litter. Reported, but nothing like the same outrage or making out celtic fans to be something that needs dealt with finally. And silence from Spiers et al.

Even a stabbing in the barras 

On 16/05/2021 at 20:46, Malkytfp1 said:

I was ashamed seeing fucking mutants fighting each other. I was ashamed with some scenes but overall 99.9% of the fans, and I would be willing to say every fan on this forum, behaved.

However, that ashamed feeling soon turned into utter contempt for the cunts trying to batter us with their agenda driven hate.

The example below shows the agenda. DR reporting how "tired and hurt" the volunteers were. Now tell me that photo below isn't two workers sitting at the EXACT same spot with the same broken beer bottle as if the photographer has said "sit here and give me a sad, tired look" then acted like it was one of these moments where the camera has captured something intensely horrific. All to make us look more 'Big Bad Rangers'.

Screenshot_20210516-203942.png

Screenshot_20210516-203929.png

You’d think they’d done a shift in downtown Aleppo. Having said that can’t stand littering.

5 hours ago, Unionblue said:

We have a  "justice minister" who undermined the course of law and order last week,  the guy is a joke.

I hate to be picky but you spelled crook wrong. He lives in a world of “i dare you, you racist.” he knows he can get away with being a race baiter, but that will wear out soon enough, his racist rantings will be his downfall, after all we are all equal.. 

Well it wasn't ticket only in George square so it's more than likely that some tims will have shown up to rain on our parade knowing that the mhedia will probably take it at face value ... so far as any Bears involved why do you give our enemies a big stick to beat us with?

On 17/05/2021 at 19:47, Moody Blue Legend said:

Harvie said today he had no time for people that compare the likes of the illegal immigrant protest and the weekend.  The same Harvie that wanted us closed when we won the league.  No time, he actually said that.

This is where people like that poisoned dwarf Harvie play politics.

We aren't comparing the reasons for either gathering. We are comparing the fact that people gathered en masse on Thursday and were applauded. Two days later another gathering and condemnation. The next day another gathering and no condemnation. The violence makes it different but the fact is that all 3 gatherings were technically illegal. 

They know all this but again are picking and choosing which phrase to use and playing politics and using semantics like the little smart arse who knows exactly what you mean but because you don't say the exact word he wants you to say, feigns ignorance and diverts the topic to big bad anti catholic Rangers fans. 

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

This is where people like that poisoned dwarf Harvie play politics.

We aren't comparing the reasons for either gathering. We are comparing the fact that people gathered en masse on Thursday and were applauded. Two days later another gathering and condemnation. The next day another gathering and no condemnation. The violence makes it different but the fact is that all 3 gatherings were technically illegal. 

They know all this but again are picking and choosing which phrase to use and playing politics and using semantics like the little smart arse who knows exactly what you mean but because you don't say the exact word he wants you to say, feigns ignorance and diverts the topic to big bad anti catholic Rangers fans. 

And yesterday questioning our team at the after party re distancing.  Same lot that were congratulating the national team even though their celebrations broke regulations.  

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

And yesterday questioning our team at the after party re distancing.  Same lot that were congratulating the national team even though their celebrations broke regulations.  

The national team celebrations also coming at the point before the majority of people had been vaccinated or were allowed to mingle to the same extent. 

It's absolutely clear and obvious there is an agenda at play.