Club Statement - Trophy Day Celebrations

1 hour ago, saintbob1969 said:

And it turns out Rangers had offered to allow 10,000 fans into Ibrox on the day to resolve any crowd trouble and the inept(deliberately inept) Scot Gov turned it down. It’s almost like they wanted trouble to suit their agenda. 

again if you vote SNP leave my club now. 

I saw that. 

We all knew that folk were going to Ibrox and George Square so surely the great Scottish Police had some knowledge of the plans. There are always a few idiots in every walk of life and sadly those are the ones that make the papers/ news.

I would have opened Ibrox fully, let 50,000 of us in and that would have saved just over 2hours of constant boozing outside. After the whistle had a party in the stadium and then advise everyone to head home. Now i understand about the whole covid situation and not letting supporters into games or pubs etc but a blind man could have seen thousands gathering outside Ibrox and the to George Sq. Any police chief or government official with half a brain cell would have been proactive and looked at ALL possible situations, weighed them up and provided abetter solution than what was allowed to happen on Saturday.

Well done the majority of Bears who partied, had a good time and maintained the great name of our club.

It's only sectarian against Catholics.

It's only racist against Irish.

Sounds a lot like something I've read in the politics forum quite a bit. Y'know like how it's not racist unless it's being done by a white person.

Ironically a few of those crackpots on this thread who suddenly have a problem with that abhorrent logic.

No election soon though eh

Anyone who was at the celebration who was unfairly treated by the police or witnessed anything should put in an official complaint. I support the police, they have a difficult job, but need to be held accountable if there's no any wrong doing.

We need to find out if there was any political influence in the decision to send in the riot police.

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

Anyone who was at the celebration who was unfairly treated by the police or witnessed anything should put in an official complaint. I support the police, they have a difficult job, but need to be held accountable if there's no any wrong doing.

We need to find out if there was any political influence in the decision to send in the riot police.

With regards to your second paragraph, I wouldn't be surprised. The police don't seem to be allowed to do their job these days without political interference. The first George Square gathering all those weeks ago the police adopted a hands off approach and it was largely successful until the politicians got involved with their mock offendedness. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the instruction was to go in hard at any provocation. 

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

It's only sectarian against Catholics.

It's only racist against Irish.

Sounds a lot like something I've read in the politics forum quite a bit. Y'know like how it's not racist unless it's being done by a white person.

Ironically a few of those crackpots on this thread who suddenly have a problem with that abhorrent logic.

No election soon though eh

You have read nothing of the sort in the politics section here :lol:

Agreed that the SNP only seem to care about one sort of discrimination. 

10 hours ago, five stars said:

I would love to know why they moved in as when I was at the square the atmosphere was all good spirited but the riot police seem to appear and build up bit by bit where essentially they formed a battalion all sitting waiting for an order. 

10 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

We need to realise that this is the new normal..Rangers are the pariahs of this backwater and we'll continue to be made scapegoats by the lying Mhedia and government. Imagine if this country  becomes independent. We'd need to take up arms.

SUSPECTS.thumb.jpg.eb80a65d8915846c4268ffc71a84e7f5B.jpg.f7af0e5f48b4bd7cd0e342cbb02c2da0.jpg

11 hours ago, five stars said:

Seen a guy get pepper sprayed at George Square on Saturday, couldn't see a reason for any Police to be using it and not actually arresting someone