Club Statement - Trophy Day Celebrations

41 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I’m guessing I’ve missed the police Scotland tweets and justice ministers outrage over those clearly sectarian threats?

Honestly the way things are going Scotland is going to be like Northern Ireland during the troubles and these cunts are stoking the flames purely to demonise the unionist community and help their push for independence. Should be fucking jailed for what they’re doing.

Scotland will never end up like NI

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

After meticulously scanning the Glasgow phone book police Scotland are of the opinion that this might be an alias and not in fact his real name.

Enquiries are however on going 

I can find evidence of almost every football club having some stupid supporters and I can show bad behaviour if I’m really selective and have a grudge or prejudice to highlight this lot or that lot. There were embarrassing scenes at the weekend and I will not be expecting we go easy on anyone caught and prosecuted for disgusting destructive behaviour. But make no mistake, this modern Scotland is just divisive and broken almost beyond repair. A government that wants failure and division. That’s what we’ve got.

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

He's just a political journalist. He wasn't wanting the questions asked he was just tweeting what's happening and what urgent questions are being raised and who's raising them.

Cheers Kev, so just another prick stocking the flames against the big bad Rangers. Your really have to :lol:

41 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Forget about child poverty, care home deaths, drug deaths etc let's focus on Rangers.

IMG_20210518_140708.jpg

You know when they bring up COVID breaches they just destroy their own argument showing their bias. Bring up anything else they might have a point, but if you don't mind the COVID breaches the day after then they've got no leg to stand on.

50 minutes ago, tm91 said:

As was promised before the election. Sectarianism is a problematic and loaded term to the SNP and to certain people, because it suggests a multi-faceted and nuanced issue and the idea that everyone has a responsibility. The demographic that underpins SNP support in the West of Scotland (or at least, influential groups within that demographic) isn't interested in dealing with sectarianism, and instead wants the narrative that they are the victims of prejudice and bigotry, while retaining the freedom to be prejudiced and bigoted in turn. So here we are, with the SNP cynically playing to particular people to shore up their support. It's particularly useful as a dead cat strategy whenever they face other scandals or challenges - they've learned from Trump as much as anyone in that respect. 

This is also part of a wider phenomenon however, which - funnily enough - a celtic director has spoken out about. The SNP is deliberately utilising the same sort of strategies nationalists in Ireland adopted - hence the attempt to present everything as 'unionist v nationalist' as in Ireland, while focusing on monopolising the Catholic vote in Scotland. You'll see that SNP politicians consistently talk about the 'unionist parties' as well as changing the messaging to 'anti-irish' or 'anti-catholic' - they do so knowing that people automatically associate this messaging with the Irish situation and will act and organise themselves accordingly.

Scotland isn't going to become like Ulster any time soon, but the SNP are absolutely courting the same types of people and utilising the same political strategies.

Great post and agree with everything you've written until the very last two lines but define any time soon?

We are all conscious of the current issues with NI and the perceived border in the Irish Sea and as a result , the unionist people of Ulster are feeling exteemely vulnerable and more ostricised from the UK. The political drive is on and in top gear behind the scenes  by Dublin and SF to  unite all of the Ireland and I think it'll on be a matter of time before the ' ticking time bomb' explodes so to speak. 

Cross the water and you see that the SNP's tactics are definitely mirroring that of Dublin and SF and thats of 'divide and conquer' and anything or anyone with Unionist thoughts and views are a target.

I suspect,  but hope,  that the old troubles of NI will not be the new troubles in Scotland, sooner than you think.