Club Statement - Trophy Day Celebrations

7 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Aye I suppose, it’s a fuckin kick in the balls that a few wankers who in all probability were hanger on types and not even regular supporters of the club have caused this and put us in this position. 

Manchester anyone?

2 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Very similar, never saw a bit of bother at the ground that night 

True 4 of our lot were at the game I messaged them to tell them what was going on they couldn’t believe it as it was fine earlier on.

police blocked the station so caused mayhem as ppl. Oils not get away  so they had to get a taxi to Blackpool were they were staying .

14 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

I don't know how many times I've said it, but I wish these wee fannies who allegedly support our club would get to fuck. They are a shambles. There is simply no defence for their behaviour.

Mind you, we probably need to look at some kind of serious self supervision being put in place to try and stop shite like this developing. Used to work well on a bus I went to the football on back in the 80s. A few hard bastards soon put the wind up any of the wee arseholes who thought they could get away with any old shite.

People need to grow a set because self supervision / self policing doesn't work at the moment because there are too many shitebags. If you call someone out on behaviour you never get backed up for it - happened to me twice at games prior to lockdown. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think Rangers need to comment on the slander started by that ex cellic player. You’ve got MSPs (Dornan obviously) retweeting it and passing it off as fact that our players sing FTP. That’s just ridiculous 

I certainly expect the Club to ensure this fake news mud slinging bullshit is addressed ASAP. 

Half the squad is catholic. 

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

The one thing the club should be doing though is sending cease and desist letters to those promoting the lie that our players were singing FTP. We should be doing that quietly, behind the scenes but everyone of them in a prominent position should be receiving lawyers letters advising they'll be sued if they do not remove it and issue an apology. 

Yip next season it’s war keep doing everything in house Rangers tv only.

limit anything else let’s  close ranks and f them all.

if they  print lies we sue and Barr them .

20 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Very similar, never saw a bit of bother at the ground that night 

Correct. One area.

We watched the game in an Aussie bar a bit away from Piccadilly square after being there all day, and there was not one bit of trouble. Some power of drinking was done, but no one stepped out of line.

16 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

People need to grow a set because self supervision / self policing doesn't work at the moment because there are too many shitebags. If you call someone out on behaviour you never get backed up for it - happened to me twice at games prior to lockdown. 

I know what you mean. Especially bad at away games in my experience, where the "real" supporters are to be found.....

I stood up to a dick giving it some sectarian shit at the Liverpool/Rangers Legends game. He stood down when I got a bit snarly, but I was probably lucky because his mates realised he was out of order and apologised for him being an asshole. Obviously had previous.

22 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think Rangers need to comment on the slander started by that ex cellic player. You’ve got MSPs (Dornan obviously) retweeting it and passing it off as fact that our players sing FTP. That’s just ridiculous 

Who the fuck said that? That's absolutely mindblowing - half the team are RCs!

Really wonder why Rangers should have to have any responsibility for anyone other than season ticket holders? 

If I decided to go and give someone a slap on a Saturday night, but had a Metallica T-shirt on the band would have nothing to do with it. Even if I was at one of their concerts, it’s fuck all to do with them. They shouldn’t be held accountable. 

To be honest it was to be expected that a tiny minority would make a cunt of it and that that would be the focus of the haters afterwards. Thing is that it is impossible to have any sort of large gathering nowadays without some acting like dicks. 

The club can't do a lot about it when arseholes act in this manner. Whataboutery does nothing but give our enemies more ammunition. 

44 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Aye Defoe and Aribo were leading the charge apparently 🤣🤣

Just now, Willis said:

A bunch of folk from different schemes all converging into one place and getting bevvied is always going to end with a scrap here and there 

The ridiculous part about this is that the media and politicians are acting like this is a problem exclusive to Rangers and acting like its no a problem thats repeated every weekend in towns and cities across the country

The idiots should be condemned but at the same time people should remember that most of the outrage over this is false and being used to make Rangers look bad when everyone knows this is not exclusive to our Club

Pretty much. 

I know a few people there that if they had seen each other there would have been fights between them

1 minute ago, Willis said:

A bunch of folk from different schemes all converging into one place and getting bevvied is always going to end with a scrap here and there 

The ridiculous part about this is that the media and politicians are acting like this is a problem exclusive to Rangers and acting like its no a problem thats repeated every weekend in towns and cities across the country

The idiots should be condemned but at the same time people should remember that most of the outrage over this is false and being used to make Rangers look bad when everyone knows this is not exclusive to our Club

and the best of it is many of us are falling into line with their narrative