Club Statement - Trophy Day Celebrations

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I hate the SNP and everything they stand for, but it’s mental to suggest they are in any way similar to Sinn Fein other than hating Britain 

Aye don't get me wrong they have members who love everything about the republican movement over by but its not comparable in any way 

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Is that what this is about?  I wondered why I was hearing those particular words more often the past few days. They all got a memo.

Sturgeon still uses the word sectarian. The rest are now using them 2 words instead. All singing from the same hymn sheet. Fucking obvious.

31 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I hate the SNP and everything they stand for, but it’s mental to suggest they are in any way similar to Sinn Fein other than hating Britain 

To be fair I think people are more comparing the attitude towards Britain, and the tactics used politically rather than saying they are equally murderous bastards like SF. However while they may not have carried out such acts, they clearly have members who sympathise and support those who have.

34 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

See a few versions of the video doing the rounds, have we proven it’s been dubbed yet?

Have you seen one that sounds clearly like fuck the pope and not at all identical to Maddison's Leicester one - because (not wanting to keep banging the same drum) I sure as fuck haven't yet 

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Because it doesn't exist. 

Wish the police would get a move on and debunk the claims being made. Then we follow that up by calling out the twisted groups be it journalists, online loonies but most of all the politicians and Humza. Disgraceful what has happened in the press and online.

3 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Mind that time Leigh Griffiths actually sung a racist song.

Mind that time the Scottish Government and media didn’t give a fuck. Wonder why?...

Time to fight fire with fire on that point. Get sleekit about it. Sadly, I doubt he'll get a new deal at celtic because it'd be a laugh to kick up a fuss if that happened but when he's inevitably picked for Scotland people should be kicking up a fuss about it. Convicted racists shouldn't be playing for the national team or in the Premiership. 

It might sound absolutely fucking mental - because it fucking is - but they've just ran fucking riot with a fake video across mainstream news. Damage done. We should be fighting back on this, fake accounts stirring the pot, the lot. The best way to tackle this sort of behaviour is to make them eat themselves because ignoring it does nothing and we've nobody to complain to or appeal to in power who can change things.

One thing I would say is, imagine they had allowed it - only for this tier 3 pish to come out on friday there. Scenes could have been far worse in response :lol:

Still, total shite that there's zero attempt to find some form of common ground to prevent what happened. 

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Looks a bit like Rangers were trying for a common sense, minimising risk approach, whereas ScotGov decided 'computer says no'.

But then, the Scottish Government probably preferred to leave the potential for disorder. Suits their cause. Being sensible doesn't. Where's a Rangers boogieman in an organised, better controlled event? 

Power mad fenian cunts. 

3 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

One thing I would say is, imagine they had allowed it - only for this tier 3 pish to come out on friday there. Scenes could have been far worse in response :lol:

Still, total shite that there's zero attempt to find some form of common ground to prevent what happened. 

They could still have taken the decision to allow it for the greater good, to quash the potential for any bigger issues. You know, shown leadership and that.

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Uncontrolled mass gathering with no ability to affect distancing and potential for unrestricted drinking v socially distanced, organised, well policed event without alcohol?

Tough one.

Well played, ScotGov. Typically strong leadership shown. :lol:

They've been regularly taking unpopular decisions to minimise the risk. Until now.:hmmm: 

And again tonight some MP was on literally praising the mass gathering of her fellow Glaswegians against the arrests last week due immigration issues.  I applauded them all to paraphrase.