Club Statement - Trophy Day Celebrations

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This isn’t some demented blogger saying we’re going into admin for 134th time.

this was news across Britain. This slur was on our Reputation which as a business could lead to sponsors withdrawing and possibly even players not wanting to sign for us.

All stemming from an obviously dubbed Tiktok video by a guy literally called wulliewanker. Absolutely incredible 

13 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I’m not a legal expert but I’m not wholly convinced the use of the word “if” alone is the easy exit some seem to think. 

I'm no lawyer either but him being Justice Secretary at the time should not have been making any comments when an police investigation was ongoing  

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This isn’t some demented blogger saying we’re going into admin for 134th time.

this was news across Britain. This slur was on our Reputation which as a business could lead to sponsors withdrawing and possibly even players not wanting to sign for us.

I get that , but I remember the stern statement after players were attacked after the hibs Cup final which then faded away . There was also another occasion in which we started well and again it faded away . 

50 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You’ll likely find that public apologies will be forthcoming from those who will receive lawyers letters.

If apologies only cone after legal letters issued then it is too little too late and the club should push ahead with the legal action. 

52 minutes ago, Dickie said:

If they’re going down the legal route then they can’t get tore into cunts.

You may well be correct there (lived in England since 84 so not au fait with the legal system) however it does - if they follow through - give Rangers the absolute right to not have any of them darken our door due to the legal process as we rise above and beyond this season, the more of them looking from the outside in, like kids at a sweetie shop window, denied access to the board, management and players. The more I like it. 

13 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

A government minister being forced to publicly apologise to a football club would just be too tinpot for words 😂

Will not be as big an issue as it should be as the media in Scotland will report it way down the list of headlines to minimise profile. 

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Haggerty should have a least waited to hear Rangers statement before commenting. That's her on the list for legal proceedings! 😀

What did it say? 

16 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Torys going for the Rangers vote , second time they’ve came out and backed us 

It's now clear we have to give them it even if some don't like it. We cannot allow this cult to remain in power and we must unite behind one party. Labour are all over the place and sarwar got in on the act earlier in the week too.

Just now, Dickie said:

I don’t imagine the players will let Rangers slide on this they were the ones getting tarred with the sectarian (sorry,anti catholic)brush.

The very thought that Buff would be singing that, beggars belief along with any of our other catholic players, its mental that haters just believe anything said about Rangers without proof.

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I don’t imagine the players will let Rangers slide on this they were the ones getting tarred with the sectarian (sorry,anti catholic)brush.

Agreed. There’s too much at stake with reputation, sponsorship, future transfers etc. Think this will be taken all the way 

11 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Will not be as big an issue as it should be as the media in Scotland will report it way down the list of headlines to minimise profile. 

Hedgehog stabbing is far more important

20 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I'm no lawyer either but him being Justice Secretary at the time should not have been making any comments when an police investigation was ongoing  

I agree, he really isn’t in a place to post what he wants and caveat it with “if” as a get out, hell of a lot more has to into it before it ever gets to the tweet stage. 

Humza has let his heart rule his head here, you could see it all building in him for days 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I agree, he really isn’t in a place to post what he wants and caveat it with “if” as a get out, hell of a lot more has to into it before it ever gets to the tweet stage. 

Humza has let his bitterness heart rule his head here, you could see it all building in him for days 

Agree with most of your post sorted one bit though