The Euros

1 minute ago, billscott said:

italy look good but they have played 2 of the worst teams in the tournement so far the swiss and turkey were awful

Or have Italy made them look bad?

2 three nil victories is a great start in anyone’s book and the methodical way they have dispatched them is to be applauded, add that too their record over the last 2 years an they have to be feared now.  Genuine prospective winners IMO. 

40 minutes ago, Jon-the-Stripe said:

Not sure, I know the Croats hate the Serbs tho.

I used to work with Croats and Serbs over here and they never ever spoke to one another and whenever they played one another at Football over here it always ended up in a donnybrook with police cars being called. The Bosnians and Montenegrans stay out of it:lol:

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If they both top their groups they meet in the SFs. Due to the shocking format it's actually more beneficial to finish second in Group A.

Winners of Group A are likely to play Belgium in QFs then the winners of Group F France/Portugal in the SF. If Holland finish 2nd they meet Group A winners in last 16. Could be Holland, Belgium then France to reach the final.

Runners up will play either Denmark/Finland or Russia in last 16, likely Holland/Ukraine/Austria in QFs. 

France v Belgium quite likely then?

45 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The Italians have looked really impressive in both their games.   Exciting football and good to watch.   Belgium also looked good.  Portugal not too far behind.  France also looking sharp.

Cheers for ur insight Mr obvious 

25 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Got told yesterday he had been left at camp hasn’t even travelled to Scotland?

What’s going on there? Injured or something else? Was looking forward to seeing him. The only bonus is less eyes on him, although a good euros would have seen his price jump

2 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

What’s going on there? Injured or something else? Was looking forward to seeing him. The only bonus is less eyes on him, although a good euros would have seen his price jump

Back injury I think? I’m sure that’s what I’ve heard, or read or been told.

26 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

The whole structure to this tournament is just fucked up. You have several teams that play all their games at home, surely gaining a slight advantage?

But the home nation would always have that advantage , spreading it out over Europe just means more teams are getting it 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbh having all the games in different countries is shite.

Not seen a white plastic chair or Plastic pint tumbler full of lager thrown in anger yet and it’s stuff like that which makes International Tournaments.

Yeah its a shite set up and hopefully they go back to normal after this