The Euros

25 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Why are people so down on England?

They have still to concede and you can only beat what's in front of you....my grandpa was English so I have mixed feelings towards the English national side....I genuinely hope they go on to win it....it will send this taigish nationalistic country into meltdown.....so for me it will be worth it:pipe:

Pretty sure most people are almost expecting an England v Italy final already, but it’s all fun and games to make some tartan tarriers rage this summer until you have to hear about this for the next 50 years.:pipe:

I'm England-born but supported Scotland, growing up, and actively disliked the England team. It's becoming harder and harder to justify that with anything other than tribalism now. Yes, the media are irritating. Yes, so are a lot of the fans. The team are clearly the most likeable, least loathsome they have ever had though. If there's an Italy v England final I'd be happy if either won it. Never thought I would say that (always want Italy to win at tournaments since Scotland became non-entities).

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

I'm England-born but supported Scotland, growing up, and actively disliked the England team. It's becoming harder and harder to justify that with anything other than tribalism now. Yes, the media are irritating. Yes, so are a lot of the fans. The team are clearly the most likeable, least loathsome they have ever had though. If there's an Italy v England final I'd be happy if either won it. Never thought I would say that (always want Italy to win at tournaments since Scotland became non-entities).

I think the Scottish media are just as bad, if Scotland ever got to a group stage they a d the fans would be a lot worse than England. 

2 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

I think the Scottish media are just as bad, if Scotland ever got to a group stage they a d the fans would be a lot worse than England. 

Absolutely, every commentator shows bias to his country (except Bill Maclaren in the rugby) think of Latinos screaming goooooooooooaaaaaaall or Remember the commentary when Scotland beatWales at Anfield, it’s human nature Furfuxsake. 

9 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Oh piss off Haw-Haw. 

Semi Final of a major tournament. It’s our right to get a bit carried away. If we get beat by Denmark I don’t care, it’s a bit of fun.

😃

No but seriously England should be in with a shout. Like @JamieD I am English born grown up supporting Scotland. Denmark is my want, Italy is what I think.

41 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Look at the famous 0-0 win across the media and the streets.

"This is how you celebrate properly ENGLAND FANS"

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Scotland fans should be happy if England win the tournament,

So they can bore the tits off people about how they gave the European champions a scare.

Thats the Scotland way

Just like when we became World Champions in 1967, because  we turned over reigning champs Engurland.

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

662 minutes without conceding a goal. That's a solid base to allow the forward players to go win the game. 

Mind you Mcguire or Stones are due a Fuck up sooner or later. :pipe:

Both give me the fear. I cant understand how they have such great careers.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Stones was brilliant for City last season tbf. But I agree that both have been fortunate to be where they are. 

6 minutes ago, The Beast said:

pickford gives me a bigger fear i know he has had some good saves but he is always liable to fuck up like that attempted kick out last night that on another day could have cost a goal just wish the boy would calm down he looks like he is high on something all the time

10 minutes ago, billscott said:

pickford gives me a bigger fear i know he has had some good saves but he is always liable to fuck up like that attempted kick out last night that on another day could have cost a goal just wish the boy would calm down he looks like he is high on something all the time

He nearly went into full Jordan Pickford mode last night didn’t he. Looks like an utter wank of a boy, the kind of lad you can’t stand going out with but he always end up getting an invite because one or two of the boys think he’s a good laugh. 

24 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Switched it off at 2-0.  I know you can only beat who's in front of you but the stars haven't half aligned for England during this.

They’ll get to the final having played only one football power.

France, Holland, Spain, Belgium, Portugal - avoided the lot and would have lost against most of them.

Incredibly favourable draw and, to be fair, great organisation could see them win it but I just hope Italian flair triumphs. Been a fan since Rossi took out Brazil and this magical moment...

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

They’ll get to the final having played only one football power.

France, Holland, Spain, Belgium, Portugal - avoided the lot and would have lost against most of them.

Incredibly favourable draw and, to be fair, great organisation could see them win it but I just hope Italian flair triumphs. Been a fan since Rossi took out Brazil and this magical moment...

One of the greatest celebration that.  I'm not really that fussed either way but Italy are going to be a tough one to get the upper hand over.  Thought they were superb the other night.