The Euros

The Rome-based daily Il Messaggero said England fans were starting to arrive in Rome, complete with the trademark “beer in hand”. The newspaper quoted a bar owner saying he had served “four beers each” to one group of fans

Outrageous 😃

BLUEDIGNITY and Bluekev like this

10 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

I seriously don’t know any of the Italian team, not a big name amongst them 

Says more about your football knowledge than anything mate. Italy are a very, very decent side who have been played down by the English media - I hope it comes back to bite them in the arse.

47 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Says more about your football knowledge than anything mate. Italy are a very, very decent side who have been played down by the English media - I hope it comes back to bite them in the arse.

I said at the beginning of the tournament the one team England had to avoid was Italy. They are all wrong for us. 

Spain v Italy will be interesting. It'll be a cunt off. Who can roll around the floor the best. 

52 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Where have they been played down by the English media? Pretty much every journalist, pundit and fan I’ve heard speak have said Italy have been the best team so far and most are in agreement they’re favourites to win it.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

England team apparently :-

Pickford

Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw

Rice, Phillips

Mount

Sancho, Kane, Sterling

Like the formation. Would have Grealish instead of Mount personally and think dropping Saka is harsh, although he good to see Sancho get a game.

1 hour ago, Bristol loyal said:

Where have they been played down by the English media? Pretty much every journalist, pundit and fan I’ve heard speak have said Italy have been the best team so far and most are in agreement they’re favourites to win it.

Danny Murphy for one saying he thinks Donnarumma will turn out ok 😂 boys been AC Milan number 1 since he was 17 but that is him just getting the seal of approval from Murphy, I don't think most of the media are downplaying the Italians but none of them expected to see Italy this far because there is an arrogance from media and pundits when it comes to football outside of England. 

25 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Like the formation. Would have Grealish instead of Mount personally and think dropping Saka is harsh, although he good to see Sancho get a game.

Surely against Ukraine you could drop/rest Phillips and play Mount beside Rice which would allow Grealish or Foden to play 10.

4 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

The Rome-based daily Il Messaggero said England fans were starting to arrive in Rome, complete with the trademark “beer in hand”. The newspaper quoted a bar owner saying he had served “four beers each” to one group of fans

Outrageous 😃

Lightweights.

3 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

😎 Says more about your media knowledge than . . . 

4 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

The consensus was pre-tournament, and after the first game, that Italy hadn't played a team of any real quality and that England had nothing to fear. Typical over-hyping of the England team and underestimation of the rest. Gary Neville, for one, was a very vocal voice.

6 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

Outrageous 😃

During the drinking years I’d have that for a morning after livener 😜

gazza27 likes this

• Badger unpinned this topic