The Euros

Pretty confident England will win this one. Southgate always has a plan to combat the opposition and I expect Saka to play again to help out Walker on the right.

I think the combination of Sterling and Kane compared to Immobile is a big difference. Also England will create better chances for them two than Italy will for Immobile.

Spinazzola missing for Italy is a huge miss for them. Emerson was okay against Spain but nowhere nearly as effective as Spinazzola. He and Insignen have a superb understanding.

England's set piece ability can beat Italy as well. The delivery of Mount, Shaw and Tripper (should he feature) and the aerial power of Kane, Maguire, Stones etc. might be too much for what isn't a huge Italian team.

England 2/3-0

20 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

We all know there is a lot of English hatred in Scotland. That was always a result of the Irish Catholic infestation of Scotland and how bitter they are towards Britain and England. 
but to see so called Rangers fans showing such vile hatred of anything English is bizarre. If that’s the case you are an uneducated Buffon who’s brain has been infiltrated by your wee Fuhrer 😂. You may call yourself a Rangers fan, but you a far from it and far from understanding what Rangers stand for. 
If England get beat tonight, there will be bitter SNP nationalist celebrating as if Scotland won the final. How pathetic. I can assure you the English see it as pure bitterness and jealousy, and why wouldn’t they? That’s exactly what it is. 

If you are an anti English Xenophobe, you are not welcome at Rangers. Simple. You are not a Rangers fan. 
there are hundreds of thousands of English Rangers fans who will be supporting England tonight. Not one of them will have any such venom towards Scotland that some wallopers who call themselves Rangers fans have shown towards England. 

Anyone with such anti English views should be supporting the green & white. 
the Queens 11 will be playing the Pope’s 11 tonight. And what an opportunity to bring sunlight to the infiltrators in this group masquerading as Gers fans. 
I will be supporting the British team tonight, if you’re supporting the Catholic team. You’re a an absolute bellend with education of why you support Rangers, and I’m embarrassed we have such mincers in this group. 

The biggest embarrassment is your post, Queens 11 Popes 11 is a complete redneck.

It’s international football and has very little, if anything to do with Rangers.

35 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why would supporting the union have anything to do with it? Its fitba ffs.

I really can't understand why people find this hard to understand. Why can't we be a union where the other home nations are an important part of our state and culture but where we also want their football teams to lose, because of football rivalry? Nobody finds it hard to understand with club football, so why with international?

35 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I absolutely would. I've been down there during major tournaments living and working as well as when theres been scotland v england games etc and there's very much a rivalry there.

I wouldn't a rivalry is 2 teams going for the same outcome not "remember bannockburn well we're gonna sent them hame again"

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's your reasoning mate, not mine. You said you were supporting the British team, last time I checked, Glasgow was still part of Britain.

But they dont want to be (generally) I dont support anything Anti British... 

Cant wait to see England stuff the EU tonight to be honest!! 

28 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

We all know there is a lot of English hatred in Scotland. That was always a result of the Irish Catholic infestation of Scotland and how bitter they are towards Britain and England. 
but to see so called Rangers fans showing such vile hatred of anything English is bizarre. If that’s the case you are an uneducated Buffon who’s brain has been infiltrated by your wee Fuhrer 😂. You may call yourself a Rangers fan, but you a far from it and far from understanding what Rangers stand for. 
If England get beat tonight, there will be bitter SNP nationalist celebrating as if Scotland won the final. How pathetic. I can assure you the English see it as pure bitterness and jealousy, and why wouldn’t they? That’s exactly what it is. 

If you are an anti English Xenophobe, you are not welcome at Rangers. Simple. You are not a Rangers fan. 
there are hundreds of thousands of English Rangers fans who will be supporting England tonight. Not one of them will have any such venom towards Scotland that some wallopers who call themselves Rangers fans have shown towards England. 

Anyone with such anti English views should be supporting the green & white. 
the Queens 11 will be playing the Pope’s 11 tonight. And what an opportunity to bring sunlight to the infiltrators in this group masquerading as Gers fans. 
I will be supporting the British team tonight, if you’re supporting the Catholic team. You’re a an absolute bellend with education of why you support Rangers, and I’m embarrassed we have such mincers in this group. 

Quote one example please.

3 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Pretty confident England will win this one. Southgate always has a plan to combat the opposition and I expect Saka to play again to help out Walker on the right.

I think the combination of Sterling and Kane compared to Immobile is a big difference. Also England will create better chances for them two than Italy will for Immobile.

Spinazzola missing for Italy is a huge miss for them. Emerson was okay against Spain but nowhere nearly as effective as Spinazzola. He and Insignen have a superb understanding.

England's set piece ability can beat Italy as well. The delivery of Mount, Shaw and Tripper (should he feature) and the aerial power of Kane, Maguire, Stones etc. might be too much for what isn't a huge Italian team.

England 2/3-0

Thought spinazolla was a massive miss against Spain,  and olmo starting deep meant Italy got a bit overrun in midfield , think if kane drops in there around jorginho it could cause italy problems 

I want Italy to win as have always liked their style of play since the early days of C4 showing Serie A and this current team are excellent to watch as play with more attacking style.

No problem with England winning it as I can’t go the jingoistic shite of “anyone but England” think it’s a tinpot mentality but that’s me not being that passionate about international football as out with the actual tournaments it’s dull and boring.

Add in most of us will have a lot of friends and family that are English so why would you not want to see them happy?

Best bit will be the national anthems with the Italian belter followed up by GSTQ 😂

5 minutes ago, JamieD said:

I really can't understand why people find this hard to understand. Why can't we be a union where the other home nations are an important part of our state and culture but where we also want their football teams to lose, because of football rivalry? Nobody finds it hard to understand with club football, so why with international?

I wanted Scotland to beat England when they played, and to me the rivally is like too massively compettive brothers when they meet, but if your more pro Italy than England not sure you're a unionist really... 

If some Scots spent less time being bitter and more time practising football we might get to the finals one day btw!!! 

1 minute ago, berkshirebear said:

I wanted Scotland to beat England when they played, and to me the rivally is like too massively compettive brothers when they meet, but if your more pro Italy than England not sure you're a unionist really... 

If some Scots spent less time being bitter and more time practising football we might get to the finals one day btw!!! 

Why? Why is football this important? Why can it not be the case that a Scottish person could gladly take a bullet to defend an English person's country but want his football team to lose? It's just a game. More to the point, this allowance of internal variety of national feeling is what keeps a country together for 300 years rather than tearing itself apart in 40. 

10 minutes ago, JamieD said:

We've just been informed that there is no rivalry. 

4 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Tell me more about how picking a team to support in a fitba tournament is any reflection on my personal politics?

Scotland were at the finals this year.