The Euros

38 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Thought spinazolla was a massive miss against Spain,  and olmo starting deep meant Italy got a bit overrun in midfield , think if kane drops in there around jorginho it could cause italy problems 

Italy have a superb midfield but I don't think there is a "best" partnership against England. You play Verratti, Jorginho and Barella you have the ability to get Insigne or Chiesa, in particular, in behind Walker and Shaw but when the ball comes across there is only Barella and Immobile to play it across to with England having more numbers in that situation.

Play Locatelli instead of Verratti you miss the man who will play the balls in behind. Play Locatelli instead of Jorginho then Verratti is too deep, in theory, to get involved like that.

11 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Fuckin ban me then, you obviously weren’t around then and know fuck all about attitudes that were prevalent at that time. Most Rangers fans were willing them on. By the time of their 2nd final (1970) attitudes had changed and most Rangers fans wanted them to get fucked. 

My old man said you are talking complete pish and that no self respecting Rangers fan was supporting them in the 67 final. He also said you're probably a nonce.

5 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

We’ll get me banned, I’m telling the truth. I was nine and watched it with my dad , it was about wanting a Scottish team to do well. Unpalatable as it may be for a silly cunt like you to hear the truth the majority of Rangers fans backed celtic in 1967.

Was but a twinkle in my old boys eye back then. Wasn't able to celebrate till some 8 years later. What a day.

Story I heard was that Rangers fans backed celtic to win their final the following week the tarriers never returned the sportsmanship and celebrated us losing our final. Don’t know if there’s any truth in that but that’s what I’ve been told from older Bears.

8 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Italy have a superb midfield but I don't think there is a "best" partnership against England. You play Verratti, Jorginho and Barella you have the ability to get Insigne or Chiesa, in particular, in behind Walker and Shaw but when the ball comes across there is only Barella and Immobile to play it across to with England having more numbers in that situation.

Play Locatelli instead of Verratti you miss the man who will play the balls in behind. Play Locatelli instead of Jorginho then Verratti is too deep, in theory, to get involved like that.

Not entirely convinced by either striker to be honest. It is their weak link imo.

A Schillaci, a Vieri or even a Rossi and they would be untouchable.

22 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

We’ll get me banned, I’m telling the truth. I was nine and watched it with my dad , it was about wanting a Scottish team to do well. Unpalatable as it may be for a silly cunt like you to hear the truth the majority of Rangers fans backed celtic in 1967.

What a tit

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate there’s probably some truth in what he said Ive been told the same thing, see my post above, obviously not all Rangers fans backed them but seems some stupid cunts

Fuck that

18 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Not entirely convinced by either striker to be honest. It is their weak link imo.

A Schillaci, a Vieri or even a Rossi and they would be untouchable.

Immobile has more goals than all of them in Serie A.

He's had a pretty decent tournament, but he's more effective in a front two rather than on his own in the middle of a three.